free website stats program Would you buy a bike off of ebay? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would you buy a bike off of ebay?

One thing to keep in mind above all else before buying any high dollar item off ebay is that scams are very prevelant. If it seems too good to be true then it is. The scam artists have the con down to a science. First they lure you in with a ridiciously low price using a stolen ebay id. Then give you some sob story about why they are selling it so cheap, send you fake emails that appear to come from ebay and ask for a wire transfer of funds. Before you buy anything go to the ebay motors board and read some of the posts concerning scams. Never, EVER send money for any big ticket purchase on ebay using a wire transfer.

I did just that then bought a trailer to go get it brought it back to my state worked on it for 2 weeks and got it running good enough to ride went to get it legal at the MVD and they confiscated it and crushed it due to improper vins. Now e-bay covered 2900 of 3000 thru there buyer protection plan but I was still out a bike alot of time and effort and still had to go buy a bike to ride. The title vins matched the motor and frame vins and it had a legal CAlifornia title but Arizona would not budge and they even told me the bike was not stolen but had been restamped, they wouldn't even let the guy that I bought it from come get it back and give me back my cash.Never again will I buy a vehicle from e-bay expecially living in AZ they will tear apart your vehicle here looking for vin #'s.

I bought one on e-bay, but i took the time to go view the bike, of course it was within my range to where I'd go look. while i was there i did the buy it now and drove the bike home.

THe trick to buying a bike on Ebay is to get one close enough to go look at or at least close enough to go pick up.Keep the first downpayment low enough so if it isnt what you thought it was you can back out with minimal cash loss and only get negitive feedback.
I have bought many ATVs and sold many bikes and ATVs on Ebay with no problems.

ebay has a lot of older bikes, if that's what ur looking for I see a lot more on there than at the local harley dealer or anywhere else. If you want a newer used bike, then check out the dealer.

I would be very careful with eBay. There are a lot of foreign scams going on there. I would not even entertain the idea without seeing the bike first in person, verifying the papers and numbers and then taking it with me if I bought it.

I bought mine off of ebay; it was in mint condition, a year and a half old and only had about 400 miles on it. I bought it in February, so there was no competition and I got it for the minimum price, and it was withing driving distance so I got so see it & hear it before handing the check over. I'm totally satisfied.

I love e-bay but you still have to be very careful. I recently won the bid on a sporster. It was local so I kept trying to go see it but seller was always out of town. At the 11th hour, i found out that the bike was an 05 not an 06 and the miles on the odometer were less than the miles on the title...
I won't let this discourage me from ebay but you must see and test a purchase like this before buying.

I bought my bike on Ebay, it wasn't too far away, I checked out several bikes, compared and bid on the one that was the best deal. The process went smooth and the bike was everything I thought and more.

I saw my bike on ebay, made the highest offer,and was still under reserve. I called the dealer a few days later. I upped the offer a grand , and bought it. I used some frequent flier miles I had to fly down to Naples Fl to check it out,before signing to papers. :D:D:D

Back