free website stats program Wish I would not have seen this | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Wish I would not have seen this

Read this post the other day. Couldn't muster a response. But, it still gonna linger with me for sometime. Thoughts and prayers have been going out to everyone since.

Just got in from a quick little toot and gotta tell you. It's easy to get distracted. So, if there is anything to take from this is to just keep calm and don't get distracted with unexpected things and don't over react.

My little example for today. Making a left hand turn in the left turn lane. So, I'm stopped in the intersection waiting to make my turn. The light turns amber with heavy traffic. On coming cars don't appear to be stopping so, I make sure they are committed to stop before clearing the intersection. Car behind me blazes the horn. Just gave the young driver a look and turned safely. Didn't take it personal. They don't understand we have no protection if a car decided that amber was still green.

Take care out there everyone.

My prayers are with all of you. Whenever I see this kind of thing it always makes me think abouot what could happen. We all know the dangers involved with motorcycle riding but we try to put the worst case senario out of our minds which I'm not so sure is the correct way to go. If we kept in mind what can happen we might be more deligent and less distracted. Everyone ride safe and always watch out for the other guy.

Walleye, I know how difficult this must have been for you to share with your fellow riders on our forum but you have given us a stark reminder of the dangers that each and everyone of us faces every time we set out for a relaxing cruise. I think NewHD said it best but I want you to know that I too think you did a stand up thing by hanging with the distraught cager and try to offer him some consolation.
I want you to know that in a little while I'll be heading out for an evening ride and when I do, I will be thinking of that rider, the cager, yourself and a terrible, terrible tragedy that never should have happened.

Back