free website stats program Windows10 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Windows10

Re: Windows10- not me buddy

I am going to wait about 6 months before loading it, MS will be doing a lot of patching and hot fixes to the OS in this time period.

I went for the download of an iso and created an install dvd then installed windows 10 on my old laptop
I previously had win 8.1 pro and 10 pro takes a wee bit longer to boot and i cant get the mouse pad to scroll in edge so i am using firefox for the moment still got lots to look at over the next few weeks before i even think about the pc and new laptop
Download link if you cant be botherd waiting for microsoft to send the upgrade to your pc Windows 10

Brian

Re: Windows10- not me buddy

Spade5, be careful, we do have a language policy here! :p :rofl Me on the other hand, I'll stick with my mac. But I do have a fairly cheap laptop with windows on it...mainly because I need it for a course I'm taking and I don't want to lug my mac back and forth, and it is just easier than updating the virtual desktop to run windows on my mac. But, with that being said, windows does run better on the mac than a PC!

Joy,

I've never heard of such a thing... On A MAC ?...

I run Mac, OS X version 10.6.8
Processor 3.06 GHz intel Core i3
Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Maybe tell me more....? I will use 10 on my Little PC though...

signed....BUBBIE

Did you boot on the iso or open within windows and do an upgrade.

I ran the setup from the iso whilst in windows to get the upgrade seems to have all my stuff including settings
Booting from the dvd would only allow for a fresh install and not an upgrade of operating system
Took about 2 hours to do the download and create the dvd and another 2 hours to do the upgrade but old laptop has a lot of stuff on it and is a dual core Pentium with 4 gig memory I am sure a faster pc would upgrade quicker nothing more I could do about the download speed it is what I get here

Brian

I just got it upgraded and from what I understand, once you get it installed , you can do a fresh install by boot by booting from your CD.

I haven't looked too much into it but depending on your original operating system you may need a product key to complete the install and activate windows 10 as during the upgrade it will use the product key from your installed operating system
If you have windows 8 / 8.1 if the pc/laptop is from a large manufacturer the product key is somehow embedded in the bios I have done a few windows 8.1 installs recently where no recovery discs were available and I used a windows 8.1 oem disk to install and product key was installed from the bios and activated without issue
If windows 7 or 8 with a product key then you would need the product key to install
As I have 3 other 8.1 pro systems I will upgrade with the same dvd once I am happy with windows 10 however still cant scroll in windows 10 windows but works fine in ie11 and firefox etc etc start menue is a pest when not able to scroll perhaps it will fix soon

Brian

Bubbie,
You can get Windows on a mac with boot camp, however, I think you have to choose one or the other when you boot it up, or with software that actually allows you to run windows simultaneously and then go back and forth. I generally use Parallels for Windows (mainly since it was the one I bought originally and just continue to upgrade it) or there is another one called VM Ware I believe. I also have Office for mac and oddly enough, this is more user friendly than on a PC. I will go to Windows 10 once I hear how it is doing overall... Let others find the bugs for me. :) But I can't imagine that 10 can be any worse than 8, however sometimes Microsoft finds new ways to surprise me. :p

IF you read back, Steve07 said he was a Test Mule for 10...:D

Said No Problems... Now that says a lot here as he would not like the Razzing IF he told an Untruth.. :rofl

But maybe like Harley, you can always say, "They All Do It" Eh?

I like my Mac BEST and Not so much the 14 inch HP PC but it is a good little lap-top. Using Windows 7 in it has been great... Tuned my 09 using it on my Pro SE tuner...

Took a little :small3d023: to get used to Left-Right and other Not so hot things that ARE EASY on the Mac.

Thanks for the Info. Joy,
I'll stick with what I have on Mac for now and install 10 on PC when they send it.

signed....BUBBIE

got my install of window 10 so far it works a lot better then 7 or 8. you cant beat the price either with it being free will keep playing with it and let you all know if I see any major bugs with it

Back