free website stats program Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world! | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world!

Well let me throw my two cents in fellas. I ride a harley because it feels like a real piece of iron connected to the road. i've had a few metrics and none of them felt like my harley's and all the ones I rode before them. They feel different than anything else and even though other companys have tried to copy they don't have the feel or sound that a harley does period. I love the connection i feel with the bike and the road along with all the comrads too. Plus you can do anything that you can think of to them. A friend just got a 03 rkc and it was loaded with extras so I told him he would soon find out what hd stood for on the tank "hundred dollars" :pand he just laughed. Now he told me he wished he had'nt waited so long.:D

Well let me throw my two cents in fellas. I ride a Harley because it feels like a real piece of iron connected to the road. I've had a few metrics and none of them felt like my Harley's and all the ones I rode before them. They feel different than anything else and even though other company's have tried to copy they don't have the feel or sound that a Harley does period. I love the connection i feel with the bike and the road along with all the comrades too. Plus you can do anything that you can think of to them. A friend just got a 03 RKC and it was loaded with extras so I told him he would soon find out what HD stood for on the tank "hundred dollars" :pand he just laughed. Now he told me he wished he hadn't waited so long.:D

Bigdawg brought up a good point...I have rode a motorcycle since the late 70's and only when I rode the HD 3 years ago did I notice the first thing, I enjoyed the ride more because the 1/2 Helmet allowed me to enjoy the ride more and not feel like Maxwell Smart in the Cone of Silence. True a metric sportbike is twitchy (much like the rider in a high strung state) while in that cocoon so more concerned about road feel, tactics, direct throttle and brake activity and less time enjoying the great outdoors. Yep, saved a lot of money early on, but overall, spent the same as a single Harley customized, rather than nickel and diming up to the same level with a metric. Just my experience, and the smile at the end of the ride tells me which one I like best...torque wins! :cheers

NewHD, I agree on the half helmet thing. The first time i rode with one it was like look what I have been missing and no more sore neck why did'nt I do this sooner.lol I did nickel and dime my way too. My first harley came with most of the stuff I had to buy to put on my others and when you added all up my excuses before about not being able to afford one was not true. They are different and in a good way. I don't knock what other people ride I'm glad they do. I love mine and when I lose my "riding boots or fever" all it takes is one trip down the road and it's right back.

I have had four of the other tour bikes but now own a Harley UC and am having a blast. I wouldn't go back to a GW for anything.

Bigdawg brought up a good point...I have rode a motorcycle since the late 70's and only when I rode the HD 3 years ago did I notice the first thing, I enjoyed the ride more because the 1/2 Helmet allowed me to enjoy the ride more and not feel like Maxwell Smart in the Cone of Silence. True a metric sportbike is twitchy (much like the rider in a high strung state) while in that cocoon so more concerned about road feel, tactics, direct throttle and brake activity and less time enjoying the great outdoors. Yep, saved a lot of money early on, but overall, spent the same as a single Harley customized, rather than nickel and diming up to the same level with a metric. Just my experience, and the smile at the end of the ride tells me which one I like best...torque wins!

OK....I agree that torque wins! Not so much with the 1/2 helmet comment. I wear full face because if I get cut off at an intersection or on the highway and have to lay it down I like my face the way it is! Is there some requirement that I have to go 1/2 helmet on a Harley? I can feel the torque when I crack the throttle just a well with my full helmet...and my kevlar jacket! Yes you can embrace safety and ride a harley! Anyway.....I ride harley for the look, the comfort, and the perfect vtwin feel! They are the best bike ever made!

I love my Harley. Let's get that understood right now.

However, best bike ever made is very subjective. Wear whatever helmet you're comfortable with and never underestimate the metric cruisers. I had a Honda VTX 1300 and it was a powerhouse. The 1800's are just plain sick with power. If anyone can ever replicate Hondas reliability, good luck.

Remember, I do love my HD and hope it hold together as well as my Honda did. Time will tell...so far so good.:D

Back