free website stats program Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Why do you own a "Harley Davidson" motorcycle? Lets tell the world!

Ive owned metrics and bmw no other bike has made me get on without care as to where im going or when ill be back. the more lost I get, the bigger the smile. just love to ride em'

I bought it because I love it. I started on a metric, but was sold when I rode my first HD. I cannot tell you if it is better, but it feels like something and sounds like something. Just the throbbing of the engine and it is all smiles as I roar away.:p:p:p

American made , I can wrench it myself, Keep America working:bigsmiley12:

How about "Accidently"? Riding metrics for years, test drove a few early HD's and was cool with the idea of owning one...but not for me until I test rode my 2004 HD Sportster...Valhalla...what can I say, being into high tech I never thought classic and nostalgia applied to a motorcycle I would own! Now...how about Refreshing, intoxicating...the accolades just keep on coming everytime I hit the start button. I guess Bill Gates when he designed Windows had that in mind when we start our computers up with fresh coffee in the morning! LOL

How about "Accidently"? Riding metrics for years, test drove a few early HD's and was cool with the idea of owning one...but not for me until I test rode my 2004 HD Sportster...Valhalla...what can I say, being into high tech I never thought classic and nostalgia applied to a motorcycle I would own! Now...how about Refreshing, intoxicating...the accolades just keep on coming everytime I hit the start button. I guess Bill Gates when he designed Windows had that in mind when we start our computers up with fresh coffee in the morning! LOL

Bet you love your Sportster on the twisties along the coast, Ahhh California nights and the smell of salt air:s

Almost 30 years telling my wife (then girlfriend) I would own a HD. So, if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand it
WAP.gif

Cos I ALWAYS wanted a Harley - not a Shadow, VL, KN, XVS or any other imitation. (No offence meant to anyone, and good bikes as may be, but that's just how I see 'em).
So when I eventually did get round to buying a bike it was, as the sayin goes, a case of "the whole hog or no bacon...". 3 things: the name, the sight & the sound.
And when I get another one it'll be a Harley too (eyin up a super glide custom and if a wee business thing I've got comes off, well...)

I have been riding scooters since I was 12 years old. Street bikes since 14. I love all scooters of all kinds. BUT, I always knew, ever since a buddy of mine bought a brand new sportster in about 1978, I wanted a HD. All the time I was riding, and loving it, I always had a desire for a HD. I finally got a HD for the first time 4 years ago. Obviously, the majority of my riding has been on all type of bikes. The last two scooters I had prior to HD were Victory MC's. I have rode other brands including, Norton, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki. All the while,I knew I wanted a HD. Once I got one, I never looked back and the feeling was fullfilled. I have no regrets and no desire to own anything but a HD as far as scooters go. Not knocking any other brands, but for some, including me, it has to be HD. I only wish I could have afforded one sooner. I did love my Norton. "Snortin Nortin", 850 Commando. I wish I would have kept that scooter.......:D

Back