free website stats program Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times

These compare favorably to the Osrams that Glider has mentioned previously.

I bought those and other bulbs before I tried the Osrams and I returned them and got a refund. That's when I tried the Osrams and they are a keeper IMO.

So Glider, I cannot tell if you have the "spot, running, passing" or what ever people want to call them on your bike from the photo. But my question is, is it safe to run all the lights with the OSRAM 80/100 at the same time or will it be an overload? Do you know? Thanks

I've done it many times with no problems. The output on the system is more than enough to handle it.

I've got that after market headlamp so I have to find the right application, but you're right, that's the way to go!! All the feedback we got after you posted that article was fantastic!

I'm also considering adding the passing lamps.....what do you guys think....would it look out of place on this coot, which has been "trimmed" to look more old school....even the directional lights, which are there, are after-market and very tiny and close to the bike. I love passing lamps, run them ALL the time, but wonder of they'd look out of place on the FXR?

Hope you are considering the passing lamps on the bike and not on yourself Rich! :lolrolling

If you remove the headlight rim, just look to see if it is a sealed beam or an H4 bulb with replaceable element. If it's the H4, the Osram will work.

Put in a brighter headlight,don't ruin the look by putting on passing lamps.JMO.

Found a new helmet for you,Rich.

DSC01823.jpg

Think you may be right (what a memory) , have to take a look. I usually ordered them 3 at a time because everyone wanted them.

Let ya know.

I think you're right Steve.....it's got a real trim look that I don't want to mess up by adding something that will look like an "after-thought".....is that what you were thinking too?

Edited to add...Steve...what IS that thing??

Yes Rich that is excactly what I was saying,it would ruin the looks of the front of the bike

That thing,is a solstice LED helmet light.The off road riders use them,here is a pic of how they light up a dune from 150ft. away

DSC01784.jpg

We have used them on night runs in the sand dunes,but would look really odd on a street bike.

Well, if ya do, I'd rather see you get the money than the company, right?

Not sure what that means ....but I do have one of the osram 80W in an unopened box as well as FOUR - 80 watt 9006 low beam bulbs too. I buy things in quantity for what I need, only thing is I don't have the car that used the 9006 bulbs any longer.:D

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Back