free website stats program Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times | Harley Davidson Forums

Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times

BuffaloBill

Hello gang
May be a foolish question but I normaly ride with my " Running lights" on at all times I picked up my Ultra from the dealer the other day (Warranty Work) and noticed today that my running lights were off how many of you do not run the Runniing lights when ridding?

BuffaloBILL

I turn them on at night occasionally. Never during the day. To me it is the equivalent of using high-beams.

I keep all the lights/lamps on the Ultra that I can while riding ---- I figure the oncoming traffic can see you sooner/faster. And in the evening/night - lets me see the road and the critters better.

My wife's Softail Deluxe came with running lights and I had them installed on my FatBoy also. They are always on.. I will take anything that will help the cages see me and I believe they do help for the safetly issue.

On my Road King they are called "Passing Lights". It seems stupid to me because to turn them on for passing you need to flip a switch on the right hand side. That hand is busy then. I just leave them on all the time, I figure the more light I have the better I will be seen. When I turn on the high beams they go off. I wish they would stay on then, they light the sides of the road better so I can spot the deer easier.

On my Road King they are called "Passing Lights". It seems stupid to me because to turn them on for passing you need to flip a switch on the right hand side. That hand is busy then. I just leave them on all the time, I figure the more light I have the better I will be seen. When I turn on the high beams they go off. I wish they would stay on then, they light the sides of the road better so I can spot the deer easier.

I think there might be something in the self help section on how to hard wire the passing/running lights to stay on with high or low beam.

Back