free website stats program Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Who has Running Light on at "ALL" times

Now with my big twin I have a greatly increased sense of security, and now make short trips without wearing a helmet. Maybe I subconsciously think the sheer mass and lights of the bike makes me more visible, maybe it’s the badboy feeling that cagers won’t mess with me. Thankfully my wife overrides my delusional behavior and nags me to put the helmet on.

With all due respect, you are seriously kidding yourself.

I keep them on all the time. Here in Oregon you can even have the spot lights "on" with high beams. Needless to say, I wired it so they stay on even with the high beams. It's nice to have the added light at night. Gotta have all the help I can get...too many deer!!!

On my '03 Ultra they are called 'spotlight". If that is what we are talking about here then I keep them on all the time during the daytime. Like others have said before me, "safety first". But I leave them off at night and use my high beam. I think that it is great that we make ourselves visable during the day but in the night time I don't want to blind the oncoming driver as he'd heading towards me with all of my lights shining at him!

On my '03 Ultra they are called 'spotlight". If that is what we are talking about here then I keep them on all the time during the daytime. Like others have said before me, "safety first". But I leave them off at night and use my high beam. I think that it is great that we make ourselves visable during the day but in the night time I don't want to blind the oncoming driver as he'd heading towards me with all of my lights shining at him!

It's been a long while, but I had a 74 FLH and I'm sure that under the switch was a tag that read "Passing Lamps".
Don't mean to get off topic but I notice now the term "docking hardware" used quite abit. What happened to mounting hardware?

Don't mean to get off topic but I notice now the term "docking hardware" used quite abit. What happened to mounting hardware?

We relized we are riding land yachts,not motorcycles:lero:bigsmiley22:

I leave mine on all the time. The only time I really swich them off is if I have the ignition on with the bike off during maintenance. I am assuming your really talking about the auxillary lights. Running lights normally refer to the turn signals when they are converted to be on all the time with a "run/brake/turn" module. The front turn signals should be on all the time as running lights by factory design.

Passing lights are on all the time. I can see multi-light bikes sooner than single light ones, so I know it helps me to be seen better/sooner.

I took the stock white lights,55wt/60wt out,and installed 90wt/100wt,in my road glide,and also went with yellow in color,now the bugs are not as bad,"bug light". and everyone says the lights,really stand out more ,then the white one's,next to me,on the other bikes..

I took the stock white lights,55wt/60wt out,and installed 90wt/100wt,in my road glide,and also went with yellow in color,now the bugs are not as bad,"bug light". and everyone says the lights,really stand out more ,then the white one's,next to me,on the other bikes..

gotta couple ?'s for ya --- What's your abilty to see things at nite with the yellow compared to the standard white light?? Also -does the yellow light pass your state/local laws??

gotta couple ?'s for ya --- What's your abilty to see things at nite with the yellow compared to the standard white light?? Also -does the yellow light pass your state/local laws??
Personally the only bulbs I will use for any of the "forward" ie. headlights on my bikes are Sylvania SilverStar xenon boosted halogens. They put out light comparative with the much higher wattage "off-road only" lights but in a much higher Kelvin rating. In other words brighter and whiter. IMHO they are as close as you can get to a true HID without the huge cost. Yes, they are around $25 at your local auto supply store, but they last much longer than the off-roads use the same wattage as a stock halogen. Down here in the Sunshine one of our biggest problems is the visibility of lane markings during a rainstorm. These bulbs do an excellent job of reflecting back off of both line paint and lane reflectors. These compare favorably to the Osrams that Glider has mentioned previously.

Back