free website stats program Which Road Glide (3 choices)? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Which Road Glide (3 choices)?

After reading about the cranks on the 96" motor today, I wonder if the 08 is the answer! 10,000 to 20,000 miles before crank problems? Wouldn't the 88" oil seal recall or not have more longevity? Maybe I'll ride the BMW until I can get a good deal on an 09, at least it is 25 years old and still going strong (motor has never been apart).

After reading about the cranks on the 96" motor today, I wonder if the 08 is the answer! 10,000 to 20,000 miles before crank problems? Wouldn't the 88" oil seal recall or not have more longevity? Maybe I'll ride the BMW until I can get a good deal on an 09, at least it is 25 years old and still going strong (motor has never been apart).

I have 25000 on mine with no problems so far.And if I do thats what the warranty is for:D

Smitty, no deals here in the Rocky Mountains. $21,000 for an 09 RG, no discounts, two dealers, each has 1.

As to warranties, I always tell the salesman if your product needs an extended warranty, I'll buy another brand!

Your post is the only place I read about 96" crank issues. Any back up here? I would be curious as if this is for real. Anyone?:s

Your post is the only place I read about 96" crank issues. Any back up here? I would be curious as if this is for real. Anyone?:s

search the site its been talked about before .. twisting cranks and scissoring cranks

I'm relieved to hear it's not as common as the sticky in "engines" made it sound. I'll pull the trigger when the right bike/price comes along, e.g. an 06 Street Glide with Stage 1 and 1,200 miles went here for $14,000. Almost made me change my mind about a RG.

if an 09 cant work in your budget, then get the 08. its still a sweet ride and half the fun of owning a harley is making it yours. The hopped up one sounds awsome but did the owner beat the poo out of it? also are all the custom touches to your style, can you see your self curzing on that bad boy?? Good luck with your decision, and wish you the best, and which ever one you choose enjoy it!!!!

Re: Which Road Glide (4 choices)?

Added to the mix, an '09 RG, 9-10K miles, ABS, backrest, highway bars, $16.000. This is a rental at a HD dealership.

Back