free website stats program Where were your priorities today? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where were your priorities today?

Church, daughters basketball game smack in the middle of the afternoon at 2:00 then lunch and church again. There's always veterans day.:D

Yesterday it got up to 78, took the wife out for a couple hour ride, brought her home to do some things she needed to get done and went and picked up my best friend and took her out for a couple hour ride. Last night went to see four of my oldest and dearest friends who have been playing music together since 1966 play some good oldies. Today back in the 70's, spent the afternoon at one of our many local wineries drinking some of the grape and listening to some good acoustic music. All in all I'd say I had a pretty nice weekend. Not bad for November in the mid west

Planned to ride today,but after a 12 foot fall from a ladder while installing siding and now a sprained left wrist no riding for a while,cannot even pull in clutch lever.

Softy; from a man who has spent most of his working life on a ladder, I'm clad
all you suffered was a sprained wrist, it could have been much worse. Hope you heal quickly.

Did 125 miles around Center Hill Lake and Buffalo Valley,it was a great day to ride here in Middle Tennessee

18*C here, that would be 64*F. Toured with the missus up around Terra Cotta, Belfountain and the Forks of the Credit. There were more bikes out today than we saw any weekend this summer. Seems everyone had their priorities right.

Happy Birthday Richard. Sounds like you had great day. :cheers

Speedy recovery Softy. 12 feet up would be a dizzying height for me. :unsure

Took out the Scoot and Harley...for a few hours, then went riding to some garage sales, then helped a couple friends setup theirs arriving around 10:00AM...packed up all the stuff at around 3PM...did get to road test the 03 883 Sporty for a few miles to "clear her out a bit that they were selling (just to make sure everything was kit). Afterwards had them over for dinner and talked old times 'til 9PM...(we gotta go to work sometime). and had a great day with a bit of riding...in a word PERFECT...!:D

Speaking of LEAVES!!!

Wet leaves are like patches of ice, or oil, lying in the street and in the turns just waiting to TAKE YOU DOWN.

Do everything you can to avoid those wet patches, (or for that matter, what appear to be dry ones), as they are much more slippery than you realize.

Keep it in mind while you enjoy these freaky odd warm days.....RIDE SAFE!

Richard,
You took the words right out of my mouth -- BE CAREFUL!!

Not too many leaves falling here in Phoenix, AZ but on an out of town ride I took last week I saw the results of a rider who did not 'avoid a patch' and ended up in a ditch.

Sounds like you had a great Birthday -- To many more :cheers

Back to the point of the post - my priorities today,
No riding for me today. :small3d002: Instead, I moved (loaded then finally unloading from my trailer) about 1 1/2 tons of Pea gravel (I'm making a flagstone pathway and it'll be the base) - a friend came over to help about 1/2 way through the unloading, what a relief! :newsmile071:

Then, I did a little laundry, computer work, but no riding. :( My plan, :yes if I can get the final ~10 feet of the walkway prepared for the gravel and the rest of the gravel in place (this was the 2nd 1.5 tons): I get to take a 550 mile ride :bigsmiley24: from Phoenix to Payson, then to Show Low thru Edgar down the US-191 (this is the highlight of the trip -- check it out on a map, :coffee you wouldn't believe the turns :newsmile070:) to Clifton thru Globe then Apache Jct finally on to home. This will hopefully make up for getting my priorities 'right' today - and the next day or two.

Hope you heal fast Softy!!

CatWoman :rider -- soon, very soon

Hmmmm..OK. Brought coffee to my lady this morning, made breakfast for us, managed to take the bike out for ~ 1 1/2 hrs. We checked out a new place called "Burnouts", wasn't open but looked nice, decided to go to the flea market to see if there was any gear we were interested in, put up the bike, on to the store for party supplies, NO vs Philly, good turnout for party, clean up and now the weatherman says get ready for a hurricane...hope it's whimpy.

The up side was a friend and I rode over 400 miles and the weather was wonderful. The down side of the trip was we visited a boyhood friend dying of cancer. Great guy that got skin cancer from his time in the jungles of Vietnam. He has struggled with it for many years, but it is finally winning. Thanks to all you Vets that gave so much.

It was close to 78 degrees here in Illinois so my wife and I were in the wind for a ride up The Great River Road along the Mississippi.

Back