free website stats program Where does one carry smart fob | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where does one carry smart fob

Hate is a pretty strong word, but rest assured....if you did not use "IT" (the fob) that one time you come back to an empty spot where your bike was...hate would not even come close to the strong words THEN...

Fob goes in rt pants pocket, cell phone goes in left. Fob only comes out to get gas or lock bags.

I have a 2001 and it came with key fobs, but I think all it does is electronically lock the ignition when activated. I just use my barrel key to lock the big switch on top of the gas tank and the forks. Should I also be using the electric lock as well??

thanks
Bill

I have a 05 RG,the key fob stays in one of the gloove box's, when its parked,its in my inside pocket of my 1% vest,"it has lots of inside pockets".

Hide your spare FOB (after you make sure it works). Like the other thread, the dealer only set up one of my FOBS. Good thing I checked it. They fixed me right up when I brought it in.

I keep my spare FOB hidden in the garage. A while back I used it to unlock my wheel and unlock the ignition. I "thought" I had the one I always use in my jacket pocket. Unfortunately, I swapped jackets... no FOB. The spare FOB is close to the bike when parked and it started right up. I rode to the pick up point for a group ride, turned off the bike and had a coffee with the guys.

When it was time to leave for the ride, I jumped on the bike and was greated by the smart siren and blinking lights. Worked as advertised, bike wouldn't start. Had to call the wife. It was an extra early ride. Although she was pleasant when she drove the 15 miles to the pick up point, she drove home laughing and is still laughing!

Now I make sure I unlock the wheel and ignition ONLY with my regular FOB which I keep on me in a zipped pocket when I ride.

While I don't have the automatic arming "buttonless" fob, but I still carry the spare nearby in my jacket pocket, when I am riding separate them but still on my person, cause you never know...when the battery might go dead or when one of the two is not easily gotten to.

Back