free website stats program Where did your login name come from ? ? ? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Where did your login name come from ? ? ?

I got the nickname "Waterdog" as a youngster on Norris Lake in East Tennessee. My dad and some uncles went together and bought a houseboat and we spent many weeks and weekends on it in the summers when I was growing up. They called me a "waterdog" cause I was usually the first one into the lake and ALWAYS the last one to get out. I love to swim and be on, in, or around the water. I was on the swim team in High school and while not always the fastest swimmer, I could hold my own and do all the strokes.

I added "TN" to make "TNwaterdog" for my CB handle back in the 70's when I was living in Ohio and wanted to ackowledge my Tennessee roots. I'm living back in TN now, so it's back to just "Waterdog", "TWD", "the dog", or "bad dog".

Hell, I'll answer to just about anything these days.

H2O CANINE!!!!? LOL! :laugh

Mine comes from my skydiving days. As a Jumpmaster and Instructor at a private facility I use to go out the door after putting the last student out. Once on the ground I would rush to repack my main chute and get ready for the next load. One day a student who had already made his jump and sucessfully landed and was watching me said, "Man - you're a leapin' freak" Shortened it a little to leapfreak and been using it for over 30 years.

Mine came years ago, when about 30 of us were heading down the hi way and I noticed a hand print on my bars ,so I pulled a rag out of my pocket and wiped it off. But then again my bikes are always kept in show condition, to the point where I'll get up before eveybody to clean and polish them even on a run.

As much as Bubba is cool now in the sixties and seventies (not so much)
I had bubba from birth, my brother could not say my name. Craft well I am a wee bit crafty hence bubbacraft

Mine comes from my skydiving days. As a Jumpmaster and Instructor at a private facility I use to go out the door after putting the last student out. Once on the ground I would rush to repack my main chute and get ready for the next load. One day a student who had already made his jump and sucessfully landed and was watching me said, "Man - you're a leapin' freak" Shortened it a little to leapfreak and been using it for over 30 years.

Hey Leap, I jumped out of a plane from 12000 ft, yesterday (23rd) The kids bought it for my birthday. Nothing like it!!!! :bigsmiley25:

I was a volunteer fireman for about ten years and the 54 is a play on my last name. Say the numbers 5 & 4 separately and it would sound similar to may last name.

Welcome fireman 54 have a safe ride I'm also a volunteer fireman, got my 20 in and staying around just to see what happens soon be starting me 25th.
heep the chrome side shinning.:superman:wbs:Banane32:

Hey T - you got that right. Highest I ever went out was 15 grand. Most beautiful 75 seconds of freefall you could ever imagine. Hooked up with 16 others for a rather clumsy star formation but it was fun. Congrats my friend.

I got mine from some of the guys I was stationed with many years ago, because I was a "dumb hillbilly" from the Ozarks at first it was jethro but then they started calling me cuznjed. Hell one of my dearest freinds that I've known for over 20 yrs his entire family knows me by that name.:s

When I first found this site I had used my given name as my user name and quickly found out I was the only one. So I changed my user name to the nickname I had in highschool. I got that name because I changed schools from a move and the school I had come from was a very tough tech. school. The new school was a lot more laid back and when someone noticed me carving my initial's in the cafeteria table they called out very loudly "what an animal" this was in 1973. The rest is history and yes the older you get the more you try to remember what year (edit:hii) happen's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back