free website stats program When it's Cold, How Cold is Cold | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

When it's Cold, How Cold is Cold

"Northern folk" need to realize that Florida bikers' preference for higher temps is based on our standard biker apparel ... cool shades, shorts, flip flops, and hair flapping the in the breeze (assumes ya got hair).:sd

I can stand the twenties for a short one and the thirties for a bit longer, but along with those temps around here are ice,snow,sand and salt. It's never been the temps always the road.

Last saturday here in Memphis it was 29, I left on a 210 mi. round trip. About 40 mi. from Memphis it was 22 deg. Had longjohns on and my leathers and it was a nice ride. I guess when I get on the scooter I forget about how cold it is.

45 degrees here in Maine today...so I am going for a balmy ride. I hope I don't run into any Turkeys.

Last feb. I took off from so. jersey one sunday morning with the temp. at about 45, not bad just a little windy. Went across the Comadore Barry Bridge and into PA. and headed south, the temp started to drop and the wind really start to pick up. The only thing that was missing was snow! No big deal right? I kept heading south into Delaware and across to rt9 to head back north. By the time I hit the top of the Delaware Memorial Bridge the temp was 30 degrees, the wind was blowing across the bridge so hard I had to lean the bike into the wind so much that I was thinking if it lets up for a second I'm going to change lanes and the snow chased me the rest of the 30 mi. home! In the 40's heading into the 50's is about it for me,except for a little hop,

Wait , they are studed tires aren't they smitty? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife did not see this I hope

That's a great picture Smitty. If the wife caugth me with my scoot in the snow, I better make sure my bags are packed and I'm ready to go. It was 40 yesterday Thanksgiving, took it for a little ride, but no snow yet. Unbelieveable Smitty, too much. My wife will get a kick out of this picture. And then I can be prepared for a little lecture on how the snow is cold and slippery and you spent to much money on that scoot to go take a chance on if there is ice or not. The truth is, she's right.

Back