free website stats program What's Your Cleaning Routine??? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's Your Cleaning Routine???

I only wash mine when the compkiments stop... or when I can't see through the wind screen.

I ride as much as I can, and don't feel like taking 4 hours to clean it up every weekend... I use my RK to commute to work (about 33 miles ONE way), and don't ride on days when they call for thunderstorms. But I get caught in them all the time! After any rain riding, I usually will wash the RK good, the first weekend after.

Now I gotta try this pledge scheme!

*PS, why don't my posts show up right away???*

I haven't tried this myself but I had a friend at work tell to just spray on Simple Green and hose off... Then dry it with a leaf blower...
Right now I'm just doing it the old fashion way (soap rag and shammy) every time it's dirty. I like a clean bike... I use Meguiars Quik Detailer after the wash. To me it works great for a quick shine.

As I tell people, I bought the bike to ride not polish.

I wash mine when the windshield gets dirty (sometimes). :)

Okay, washed the bike this weekend.... used some "new" extra strength simple green... made specifically for Aircraft (meets some kind of specification). It also says good for boats and bikes (motorcycles). The funny thing is this Simple Green is BLUE!

I sprayed it on full strength... and wiped lightly... then rinsed off. It worked well!!!

I also went the Pledge route... although inpressed, It "shows" some light scratches I have on my tank. I think ned time I wash, I am going to run a clay bar on the tank and saddle bag tops, then put a really nice coat of wax on everything... hopefully, that will "fil" or "blend" the scratches, and then I can go back to Pledge. This was the first time I used Pledge, and it did make the job go quick!

I've only done one full wash so far this year with a second coming tomorrow.I usually wipe it down before I ride, with a microfiber cloth and a bit of harley gloss on those stubborn spots.When I wash,I use S-100.Spray on,let sit,and hose off.It works great.All that time washing could be spent riding

Back