free website stats program What's Your Cleaning Routine??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What's Your Cleaning Routine???

Cleaning, well just about constantly. I've got 10 years worth of barn crud, bird crap, oxidation, rust, grease to clean off because of severe neglect. I'm finally gaining but it won't be as shiny as it should be ever again probably. I'm fighting a uphill battle and overcoming it a little at a time. You don't have to clean it every day but don't let it get as bad as what mine was when I got it. :bigsmiley5:

My cleaning routine? My husband wipes down and cleans both our bikes.

I do supervise of course. In regards to wax, he uses "ICE" works on the chrome as well.

I will clean bothe bikes about every Two weeks depends on how dirty they are. Step 1
open cold beer. Step 2 fininsh beer. Step three hose down bike's have another beer.
Step 3 dry off bikes finiish beer. Step 4 put bikes away have another beer....

I have only had to wash mine once and that was because of all the pollen that had gotten on it. I would rather wash my house than the motorcycle. But I try and keep it clean. We are now into riding season and with a black bike I would guess it will get washed once a week. Waxed once a month or so depending on weather. I hate riding a dirty bike. They are a PITA to wash but it's a love affair too. I don't have a garage to keep it in and it gets dusty on the carport.
:bigsmiley15::bigsmiley15:

I clean my bike almost everytime I get back from a ride. It all depends on just how dirty it is. Most times I can just dust it off with a dash detailer brush I got that looks like the ones you see the car-nuts using at the shows. I've tried all kinds of products and nothing beats a good wash and wax.Rear wheels are the worst, almost impossible to get at around the disc brakes and pulley.:57:

One thing I learned from Glider is NOT to use any dish washing detergent. It strips the wax off faster than you can put it on.

Now I only use liquid soap recommended for cars.

Weekly,in Winter,even When I Dont Ride,in Season,whenever She Looks A Little Dull Or Dirty,or After A Wet Ride.i Use Autoglym All Over(cept The Tires Of Course)

I clean mine about every weekend but the average is about every two. I ride to work everyday that I can. Its about 17 miles each way.

When my bike gets a real bath it's the harley sun wash, abd the bug and tar spray, bnut when i'm in a hurry its bike brite, just spray it on and wash it off it rinses off better than s100. Then blow dry and ride!:bigsmiley40:

Back