free website stats program whats with this ad blocker warning? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

whats with this ad blocker warning?

As I said above, I tried both Chrome and Firefox and saw the ad blocker pop up with both brands of browsers. I don't believe you can say it is a Firefox only issue. With this many reports and different browsers being used, I think this website is the source. This forum and the use of ad blocker is the one common thing that all those that who have seen it have in common.

I run virus software and Malwarebytes as well. I also use ad blocker and saw a warning that said I should turn it off. With every click I made on this website it re-issued the ad blocker pop up. If as you say, "nothing was done" and "there was no sanctioned action done" by those of you that run this forum then you must have a problem with the website that triggers a warning to those of us using ad blockers. Just trying to help you understand.

I logged in on 2 different PC's and a mac, both logged on my account, then logged out and never even saw the ad blocker banner as a guest. I only suggested to try Malware Bytes. I use it regularly, the hubby pays Norton. He has many more issues with his computer than I do with any of my 4. If he wants me to look at his machine at all, the first thing I do is run Malware Bytes. it is free, and it works. I only use Chrome on my PC that I clunk around with, Safari on my mac & FF is loaded on my work PC & an older PC that I sometimes travel with. I do not run any kind of firewall or virus software, I clean the PC regularly. I never said it was a FF only issue, but the people that was seeing the banner were running FF it seems. The posters that saw the banner also seem to be running an adblocker software. Another item I do not use. People are mean. They find crafty and creative ways to make your life miserable on the web. :( And, the fact that Not Every Member experienced the issue tells me that it may not have been forum. ;) I tried to see it and couldn't.

As Brian said, we as moderators do not have anything to do with the site software other than volunteering our time to keep the forum clean.

Back