free website stats program whats with this ad blocker warning? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

whats with this ad blocker warning?

Could be some kind of virus if it just started. Might try to run Malware bytes.
Yes it is gone now but what are you doing about a possible virus on the forum?

We all have this forum in common and between us we have used several browsers (I have used Chrome and Firefox) and we all saw a pop up that no staff member is giving an explanation for on this forum. Since you or others in positions of authority have not said the pop up was intended then we have to assume it was a virus that is on this website. What is being done about that?

Some better info from those in charge would be helpful. If it was intended then say so. If it was not then you should warn us officially that the forum has an issue.

I also use chrome and am on the site several times a day. I have not seen the popup ad referenced above. To my knowledge, there was no sanctioned action to put this popup ad on the site.

Cheers,

TQ

Yes it is gone now but what are you doing about a possible virus on the forum?

We all have this forum in common and between us we have used several browsers (I have used Chrome and Firefox) and we all saw a pop up that no staff member is giving an explanation for on this forum. Since you or others in positions of authority have not said the pop up was intended then we have to assume it was a virus that is on this website. What is being done about that?

Some better info from those in charge would be helpful. If it was intended then say so. If it was not then you should warn us officially that the forum has an issue.

Not sure if anything was done. It appears to have been an issue with firefox, not IE or Chrome. I did not see it on FF when I logged in with it this morning on my PC at work. But, I run Malware Bytes about once a month anyway.

Not sure if anything was done. It appears to have been an issue with firefox, not IE or Chrome. I did not see it on FF when I logged in with it this morning on my PC at work. But, I run Malware Bytes about once a month anyway.
As I said above, I tried both Chrome and Firefox and saw the ad blocker pop up with both brands of browsers. I don't believe you can say it is a Firefox only issue. With this many reports and different browsers being used, I think this website is the source. This forum and the use of ad blocker is the one common thing that all those that who have seen it have in common.

I run virus software and Malwarebytes as well. I also use ad blocker and saw a warning that said I should turn it off. With every click I made on this website it re-issued the ad blocker pop up. If as you say, "nothing was done" and "there was no sanctioned action done" by those of you that run this forum then you must have a problem with the website that triggers a warning to those of us using ad blockers. Just trying to help you understand.

I use Malware bytes and C Cleaner at the end of each session, Never had any problems with Mozzilla
I have not uploaded a virus :cool:

As I said above, I tried both Chrome and Firefox and saw the ad blocker pop up with both brands of browsers. I don't believe you can say it is a Firefox only issue. With this many reports and different browsers being used, I think this website is the source. This forum and the use of ad blocker is the one common thing that all those that who have seen it have in common.

I run virus software and Malwarebytes as well. I also use ad blocker and saw a warning that said I should turn it off. With every click I made on this website it re-issued the ad blocker pop up. If as you say, "nothing was done" and "there was no sanctioned action done" by those of you that run this forum then you must have a problem with the website that triggers a warning to those of us using ad blockers. Just trying to help you understand.

For you to understand how this site works site admin runs the background of the site and the moderators look after the content that is posted as such the moderators have no control of changes that go on in the background or any control of the site only the content and the members that post it
If site admin makes changes to the site then site admin does not always inform the moderator team of what they are doing or why
To generate income to pay for the continuation of the site this site uses advertising and financial contributions from members
Members that have financially contributed to the site do not see the advertising however some people use third party software like adblocker and adblock plus to block the advertising on the site as this denies the site of revenue it is under no obligation to support this type of software
However most website backgrounds use a number of plugins to ensure compatibility with most web software I am sure that once site admin had been made aware of an issue they would have updated the necessary plugin I would suspect an update of the adblock software had conflicted with the forum software causing the error message
If you have any further problems or questions use the contact us link at the bottom of any page and your request will be forwarded to site admin

Brian

Back