free website stats program what's the best softail model? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

what's the best softail model?

That is funny, guys laughing at the "hard tail" look of a soft tail...! Bet they are the ones who have compressed discs in their spines, or haven't rode their hard tail for 4 or 5 tankfuls of continuous running, stopping only long enough to gas up. Bet they are also the ones who are black and blue and a little RED faced when they are halfway on this all day ride with a guy RIDING a softail who is fresh and asking why they are all stopping...?" Only your chiropractor knows for sure!!!:newsmile100:

Having suffered a herniated disk in my lower back this summer, and being able to ride COMFORTABLY within two weeks, I gotta say I believe my Deuce rides sweet! My chiropractor was impressed to see me riding to my appointments! And she rides, just the wrong brand!

But for looks? Man oh man, I like them ALL, but would kinda lean to a Deluxe if I couldn't find my first choice... The EXCEPTional DEUCE!
( fellow Deuce owners, you KNOW where that name came from! *LOL*)

Bought my '06 Heritage a couple of months ago, and recently rode it from Pasadena to Pocatello to Boise to back home (2000 miles), and thoroughly enjoyed the feel and comfort of the bike. No fatigue. I had an 03 Roadglide before the Heritage, and was worried that the Heritage wouldn't be as comfortable. Not so. Great bike, great looks. Love it.

Back in the 80's I had a Hardtail Triumph, 6' over sportser front end, king Qeen seat with maybe one inch padding on the king part, and no sissy bar. We lived in northern Jersey. I had to yell (over the drag pipes) to the Ol'Lady every time we were about to go over railroad tracks.... HOLD ON!!!!
My 93 solid mount Heritage Softail does not come close to the ride of the new ones, but I don't have to yell about rail road tracks any more.
Softail for the ride

so why do I still miss my Chopper?

Having suffered a herniated disk in my lower back this summer, and being able to ride COMFORTABLY within two weeks, I gotta say I believe my Deuce rides sweet! My chiropractor was impressed to see me riding to my appointments! And she rides, just the wrong brand!

But for looks? Man oh man, I like them ALL, but would kinda lean to a Deluxe if I couldn't find my first choice... The EXCEPTional DEUCE!
( fellow Deuce owners, you KNOW where that name came from! *LOL*)
LOL, I would ride my deuce to my PT for my back. The therapist asked if it bothered me, my response was, "my back is going to hurt me regardless so it doesn't matter". The therapist liked it. :)

LOL, I would ride my deuce to my PT for my back. The therapist asked if it bothered me, my response was, "my back is going to hurt me regardless so it doesn't matter". The therapist liked it. :)

*LOL* My Boss (a non-rider) was continually admonishing me "You have to stay off that bike and let your back heal!" Finally, to appease him, I started telling him I was spending my days off, " just relaxin' with my variable speed, vibrating easy chair" ! :newsmile100: And best part was, I wasn't lyin'!
The only painful part was getting on and off. Aside from the one raised culvert bump on the way, the ride couldn't have been any more comfortable!

It's been a funny thing. Some people I hear saying that they hate softails because they are poser bikes, fake rigids. Some I hear the best is the deluxe and some say heritage, on and on and on........want to know what YOU guys think.

The one that you PROUDLY call your own!!!!

I had always wanted a Road King Classic until I sit on the Heritage Softail, it fit perfect and is awsome to ride!

Back