free website stats program What type of helmet do you wear? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

What type of helmet do you wear?

Just saw this chart recently about probability of impact areas from studies of real-world accidents. It might make someone reconsider helmet type.
View attachment 15398

This is interesting.

For the first time, in 35+ years of riding, I've researched for a helmet - a sign of wisdom - or old age? I have been lucky.
As shallow as research may have been with never a concern in the past, I did spend a lot of time through web sites for the top lids.

None had the impact probabilities you show in this photo. Thanks.

I bought the Nolan 104, and with my head, had to grind out larger cavities to relieve compression on my ears

luckily I live where you have a choice and I ride in 3 states which are within 30 mins of me with the same helmet laws..... in the winter I wear a snowmobile mask... when I have to wear one here it is

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 18
Bought a H-D Jet2 when I bought the bike. 3/4 helmet, it,s good but hot in warm weather. Bought a “Pilot" made in Germany (I think). It has adjustable ventilation over the upper sides via two metal strips with lots of tiny holes in them and it keeps me cool. A very good helmet.

I have worn HJC helmets more than anything else over the years. I have had 1/2, 3/4 and full face. I actually feel like the full face effects my vision, like it creates blind spots. I have been wearing 1/2 helmets with foam ear plugs in the summer. I have decided to compromise this year and try wearing 3/4 open face. I recently purchased two Bell Custom 500's and will be wearing them without a visor. Another thing I have decided to try is wearing a helmet liner. If winter would just get over I could start wearing these helmets.

HJC 3/4 whenever temps allow. Thinking of trying the Bell 500?

Bell 1/2 in the Summer Heat.

Both White for best visibility.

I have a Bell 500 without the visor. The only thing I do not like about it is it has a tendency to lift up at highway speeds. Also on windy days. Other then that, it is a nice helmet.

mostly a half helmet, but every once in awhile ill break out the 3/4 helmet just to remind myself why I wear a half helmet.

Vos skidlid not much on protection but very light and keeps your head cool... easy to look all around.. wind never catches it

Back