free website stats program What type of helmet do you wear? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What type of helmet do you wear?

Go to leatherup.com and look at the HJC CL-MAX II modular for $130.49 (-10% so $117.45 with free shipping). I have one as does my wife and they are really comfortable. It is the exact same helmet that HD sells as the Stock II Modular Helmet for $185. For the 10% discount, enter the discount code 55636 at checkout and it will be applied to your total order. Also, take a look at the Xelement boots. They fit like a glove and are REALLY sturdy.

Just went on leatherup.com and they have a Vcan V136B1 full face helmet that is Bluetooth equipped on clearance for $99.00. Pretty good price if you want to connect to your cell phone or GPS.

I have three helmets;

HJC 3/4 with flip-up face shield but never use the face shield.
HJC 1/2 helmet with neck curtain.

Just bought a new Bell Pit Boss 1/2 helmet pin stripe color. So new I haven't used it yet. Great price of $49.00 and can always use another helmet.

I use a half carbon fiber from GLX. Weighs hardly anything and looks good.
WAP.gif

I prefer the half helmet with shield but they don't always protect from the wind in the eyes well. I wear a full face for long rides or when I expect rain.

Just saw this chart recently about probability of impact areas from studies of real-world accidents. It might make someone reconsider helmet type.
uploadfromtaptalk1390232731586.jpg

Go to leatherup.com and look at the HJC CL-MAX II modular for $130.49 (-10% so $117.45 with free shipping). I have one as does my wife and they are really comfortable. It is the exact same helmet that HD sells as the Stock II Modular Helmet for $185. For the 10% discount, enter the discount code 55636 at checkout and it will be applied to your total order. Also, take a look at the Xelement boots. They fit like a glove and are REALLY sturdy.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Xelement brand. I'm actually currently looking for a replacement shoei helmet. I definitely agree with the trick you do where you use a coupon code to get the discount on helmets..
its quite rare to find a deal on helmets too.

Full face helmets ftw... Have you guys seen a crash with half helmet or open face. It's pretty damn bad. I can't stomach that type of stuff, but lets just say if you google it. Youl'l see some really bloody split open chins. That's why I prefer to stick with full face helmets and all the gear. I ride using an 5 year old Arai but it's been time for replacement. I've been looking on Full Face | Helmet House Arai Helmets

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a half dozen halfs, a few 3/4 ~ favorite being white and 1 full face flip up. have only worn the full a few times, too constrictive for me...

most often wear a half unless its too cold, under 35.

WOW, I'd better watch myself ~ 9 posts 15 months. Sorry to blabbing so much!!!!!

Back