free website stats program What type of helmet do you wear? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What type of helmet do you wear?

Just wondering if ANY Harley riders wear a full face helmet? I'm picking up my first bike ever (883 Sportster) this weekend. I plan on wearing a full face helmet because it's what I alawys wore riding dirtbikes and I'd like to keep myself protected.

I only ever see guys on sportbikes wearing full face helmets. I don't think I have EVER seen a guy on a Harley in a full face brain can! Do ANY of you Harley riders wear a full face helmet? If you do, I've never seen you! Haha :dknow

Uh...yeah. :14:

19241876-Rightsidesz1000.jpg

79106710104-1933MG,Wave.JPG

Never know what's out there:

0910027110-3Bullscrop.jpg

Hi Good deal , your thinking of wearing a helmet. I live in Florida, no helmet law, but I am a believer in helmets. Used to race AMA open class TT. Fell down a few thousand times, always seem to land head first. Solid bone head must be the reason. Rode Hayabusa before Harley, always full face. But with the Harley I have lots of different helmets. 1/2,3/4 and full. Shoei my favorite in 3/4 and full. But I bought a KBC full face flip up recently. Its a full face with the front section down, and a 3/4 when in the up position. It was the only one I found that stated it was wind tunnel tested for no drag at crusing speeds in the up position. And it works. That way , you can talk, drink, look at your toes all with your helmet on. Then with rain, higher speeds, etc. the full face is engaged. Only down side is that it is noisier than a full face solid unit. Price was about $280. One of these days I am going to get a Shoei flip up, hoping that it will be quieter at speeds. Speeds meaning 85 to 90. Florida turnpike norm. I ride a Electra Glide Custom. Good luck

I wear a Nexl half helmet. It weighs less than two lbs. DOT from carbon fiber
I wish they were still in business I would buy another one. Their website is up but I think it may be a scam site. No one can get a helmet via the web and no phone number.

I wear a basic bucket where the law requires. No bucket where the law allows. Full face for racing.

I'm old enough for a full now and have been with Scion with the flip-up model for a couple of years. My only complaint is that the ear area is not large enough to be comfortable with my HD headset to be installed. I do use ear-buds without any trouble though! The chin piece to release the front broke and was replaced at no charge. Also has the flip-down sun visor which is great out here!

Back