free website stats program What to wear | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What to wear

:porter.....I think you are wise to ride with all that gear.....I where just jeans ,boots gloves, and jacket,,,,,I should put on a helmet but I would just hate to have all the ladies miss out on my good looks...:p...Now as far as shorts and flip flops.....Well when I see that after I get done..:newsmile100:..I cant help but think,,, after a bee went up your shorts and stung something would people still where shorts??..Some things I wont leave unprotecten..:newsmile055:..But what ever ...No offence to aneyone..In some parts a lot of people whair all kinds of things...

No offence take here. I get your point. Don't get me wrong: I am against helmet laws, seat belt laws, even having a driver's license for personal travel (Commercial driving is another matter). Do what you want on the basis of personal liberty in my book, but as soon as you hurt someone else, you are on the hook.

Now as far as shorts and flip flops.....Well when I see that after I get done..:newsmile100:..I cant help but think,,, after a bee went up your shorts and stung something would people still where shorts??

The answer to that question is yes... I had one go up my shorts a few years ago .. it hurt ... but I still wear shorts.

I also had one go in my helmet riding motor cross .. got stung in the face 3 times .. that was terrifying and I almost wrecked .. but I still wear a helmet when riding motor cross.

I also had a bee fly into my truck when my window was down .. it stung me on my arm .. I still ride with my window down.

I don't personally wear flip flops on a bike if I can help it .. but some nice sandals that are not going to just fall off are cool.

My woman wears whatever she wants .. flip flops/heels/sneakers/boots and likes to ride in booty shorts/bikini top on hot summer days/nights

Yes ..We are responsible for our passengers.....Myself,,,My wife doesnt want to ride and im fine with that...I Dont have to worry about geting in a crash and killing my wife or aneyone.....Ive gone with a solo seat....If I was to get a bager..(some day) and take a passenger ,,,,she would be covered and have a helmet or not go...:)

The answer to that question is yes... I had one go up my shorts a few years ago .. it hurt ... but I still wear shorts.

I also had one go in my helmet riding motor cross .. got stung in the face 3 times .. that was terrifying and I almost wrecked .. but I still wear a helmet when riding motor cross.

I also had a bee fly into my truck when my window was down .. it stung me on my arm .. I still ride with my window down.

I don't personally wear flip flops on a bike if I can help it .. but some nice sandals that are not going to just fall off are cool.

My woman wears whatever she wants .. flip flops/heels/sneakers/boots and likes to ride in booty shorts/bikini top on hot summer days/nights

I ment no offence and if you dont mind we saying I think some women look very nice in shorts and bikni tops......Aney time of year:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ment no offence and if you dont mind we saying I think some women look very nice in shorts and bikni shorts......Aney time of year:)

No offense taken .. the only reason I posted at all is because I'm bored at work and my riding style is different from everyone else who posted on this subject.

My lifestyle and my interests do not lend themselves to the "safety first" mindset .. its just not who I am.

No offence take here. I get your point. Don't get me wrong: I am against helmet laws, seat belt laws, even having a driver's license for personal travel (Commercial driving is another matter). Do what you want on the basis of personal liberty in my book, but as soon as you hurt someone else, you are on the hook.

You don't need a driver's license to ride on private property, only on the public roads with everyone else. It's already crazy out there, I think there should be stricter standards in driver and rider training.

I live in in south Florida and wish it were possible to wear all that gear without collapsing from heat stroke. Normal Gear for me is boots, jeans, gloves, L/S T Shirt and half helmet. I own a full face and a leather jacket which is possible to wear maybe 5 days a year. Wore the full face one October to a HOG rally and got dizzy from the heat. Decided being alert enough to negotiate traffic safely was more important than wearing the safety gear that would incapacitate me and lead to an accident. YMMV.
WAP.gif

I live in in south Florida and wish it were possible to wear all that gear without collapsing from heat stroke. Normal Gear for me is boots, jeans, gloves, L/S T Shirt and half helmet. I own a full face and a leather jacket which is possible to wear maybe 5 days a year. Wore the full face one October to a HOG rally and got dizzy from the heat. Decided being alert enough to negotiate traffic safely was more important than wearing the safety gear that would incapacitate me and lead to an accident. YMMV.

I wear a full face helmet in the North Carolina summer and don't have a heat problem. Buy a quality helmet and it will vent the heat very well.

I wear a full face helmet in the North Carolina summer and don't have a heat problem. Buy a quality helmet and it will vent the heat very well.
I have an HD helmet. What kind is yours? I used to live in the Carolinas and honestly think Miami's climate is more difficult to justify going full face, JMAO.
WAP.gif

In college, I worked at the University of Michigan Burn Unit as a Janitor. Some of those patients begged me to kill them because they were in such pain.

Road Rash is no different than being burned by fire or chemicals, I don't want to be that guy in that much pain.

Boots, chaps and helmet are a minimum for me. I prefer to wear a full jacket too but during the extreem heat in the summer I often break down and go without it. I usually wear a long sleve shirt for sun protection and I prefer white or light grey, they don't hold in the heat like darker colors do.

I learned my lesson ate the age of 19 when my younger brother crashed a bike at 65 mph wearing only sneekers and shorts. He is lucky to have his right leg not to mention be alive. He didn't ride again for almost 20 years and now always rides fully geared up.

Back