free website stats program What the?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What the??

For what it's worth I can tell you that when I first bought my '03 Ultra it would shut down for no apparent reason. That happened to me twice. Both times I was in the middle of no where. It happened when the weather was really, really hot as I recall. In any event I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the main breaker and I haven't had a problem since. Hope that helps.

My limited did something similar, threw ACR codes.

Turned out to be the ignition switch connector. It's zipped into place until the new switch arrives.

If that is any help at all.....

Thanks Guys for the info.

GS34

I will call the Service Tech tomorrow and check out the Service Bulletin # 903 issue. I'll post what I find out.

Blues Fan

I checked the ignition switch connections as I thought this might be a problem also Unless it's loose inside it seamed good to go. Thanks for the info. You never know.

Horizon Chaser

That worked on the older bikes and was a Service Bulletin

Anyways, I had a guy contact me via email and suggested that the Main Breaker was getting to hot and he had the same problems. He found his breaker about 1 inch away from the rear exhaust. He moved the breaker and has never had the problem since?? I also checked the breaker on my bike and it was about 1 1/2 inches away from the rear exhaust also. So I moved it up under the seat about 6 inches away. As I told him stranger things have happened and I knew everyone has had that Your not going to believe this moment. I will check the other suggestions out and get back to you all. Thanks Again for all the help. Thanks Charlie, You know who you are..

Foxtail

A "breaker" on a 2007? I thought by 2007 breakers were a thing of the past and everything was Maxi Fuses & fuses. Your Speedo time defaults to 12:00 when the bike quits?.

Would anyone know if any current models of today have breakers? If not, and they are all Maxi, what year did that happen?

Sorry Guys, wrong choice of words. Should of said Main Fuse it's 40 amp. It was attached to the main fuse box and was about 1 1/2 inches from the rear exhaust pipe. I moved it up under the seat, I've got nothing to lose by moving it. I have several other things I am checking and if I should come across the for sure problem I will get back to you and let you know what I found. Thanks again for all the comments and help.

Back