free website stats program What states are checking motorcycles? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What states are checking motorcycles?

Too early to tell here in California, but found out from my brother in law that Arizona does require smog check when registering bike (my 92 Katana should have passed, but did not the first time...he did the tune (valve lash, carb sync and spark plug change) and it passed...not bad for an essentially stock bike with about 55,000 miles. Only went thru one battery, fuel petcock, routine LOFs (dino-oil 10-40W lubes engine, primary/clutch and tranny) and that inline 4 sportbike is still running crisp...!

Calif. Has not started any checks as of yhet, but in 2011 you cannot have after market pipes on any bike made after that. they have noise laws but have not seen anyone checked,and we do dot have anual checks.

California just passed a law that requires any bike built after Jan 2013 must comply with EPA standards for emissions and no after market tampering with stock exhaust....

NJ stopped motorcycle inpsections, altogether, about a month ago. Obviously, you are required to have your ride in compliance, and that would certainly include noise level from the exhaust and any smoke.

Up until a few months ago New Jersey did a full safety check inccluding emmisions. Now thay have stopped and asked us to remove our stickers. Locals can now pull you over for (EDIT) and giggles and do it. Hmmmm maybe since the state doesnt do it any longer they should lower my regs fee down from $65.00.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back