free website stats program What kind of pets? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of pets?

Here is bud when he was wee and now he has grown
My father was a cattleman and had a border collie to help with the cows so I have always had a preference for them last one was almost all white and deaf this one is almost all black and at 6 still full of life
I also have a cat his job is to keep mice out of the house but he brings them home and feeds them to the dog

Brian

Attachments

• 100_0150 (Custom).JPG
    100_0150 (Custom).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 24
  • WP_000040 (Custom).jpg
    WP_000040 (Custom).jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 28
You know you have a cat when: Man I miss having dogs sometimes, lol. This is my cat "Muffin" (wife named her) cause of her colors... riiigggghhhhttt....

Attachments

• 2012-08-11 22.16.53.jpg
    2012-08-11 22.16.53.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2012-08-15 11.31.59.jpg
    2012-08-15 11.31.59.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 2012-09-16 20.58.18.jpg
    2012-09-16 20.58.18.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 27
Had German Short hair Pointers for the longest of times and then my wife bought me a yellow Labrador. Gotta say, I loved my pointers, obedient, great upland hunters, tough dogs. But that Lab! Not the greatest hunter, but what a companion! The dog never had a bad day. I can never recall one day when that huge tail wasn't constantly wagging back and forth. Even towards the end, when he was really sick, he was always glad to see you and always happy. When the pointers passed, it was sad, and we shed a tear or two. When the Lab
passed, it truly broke our hearts. I never realized how big a part of our lives he had become. Since then, I have taken the cowards way out and refrained from any more dogs. This may sound funny, but it was just too emotionally devastating for the bride and I. But those memories!!

puppie (Medium).jpg dont know if this will work but if it does these are my 2 hunting dogs jake and jack my wife 2 bed warmers lol boykin spaniels

Had German Short hair Pointers for the longest of times and then my wife bought me a yellow Labrador. Gotta say, I loved my pointers, obedient, great upland hunters, tough dogs. But that Lab! Not the greatest hunter, but what a companion! The dog never had a bad day. I can never recall one day when that huge tail wasn't constantly wagging back and forth. Even towards the end, when he was really sick, he was always glad to see you and always happy. When the pointers passed, it was sad, and we shed a tear or two. When the Lab
passed, it truly broke our hearts. I never realized how big a part of our lives he had become. Since then, I have taken the cowards way out and refrained from any more dogs. This may sound funny, but it was just too emotionally devastating for the bride and I. But those memories!!
I can understand that.Myself,I have to get another right away,the place is just too lonely without one.And the new memories begin.

Attachments

• 664964_3584275054967_868991578_o.jpg
    664964_3584275054967_868991578_o.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 18
You know you have a cat when: Man I miss having dogs sometimes, lol. This is my cat "Muffin" (wife named her) cause of her colors... riiigggghhhhttt....

Nikko- That cat looks pretty cool for a cat. Somehow, my niece always has pretty cool cats...not sure what she does to them, but I know the one was shut up in the mini fridge for a wee bit. :) She found him quick enough...much to my pops dismay...that cat aggravates him to no end. :D

Best way to describe a lab! Ours never has a bad day either, Rocky is always happy, always smiling. Best dog ever. We have a black lab & an Australian Shepherd, both were abuse cases that we rescued. The little shepherd was beat incredibly bad in her first four months and it literally took her 8 years to almost become normal. I got her at 6 months old and she is so gracious that I have never had to raise my voice at her, however, she would know when I would get aggravated with something and would run away and hide somewhere if she thought for a minute I was frustrated. :( I have never seen a poorer situation.

Now the lab, we were looking for a duck. No one had a duck listed, but we saw an add for a 2 year old black lab so the hubby says, 'well, a lab can swim', so I said call them, we aren't doing anything anyway. Surprised him! We drove up to check it out, and this poor guy was chained to the corner post of the chain link fence and never let loose to run. No grass around him where he had been tied up so long. We looked at each other and just said 'we're taking him.' Hadn't even stopped the truck yet. The people said they couldn't turn him loose because then they would have to stop to open & close the gate every time they went somewhere. :(

Poor Rocky didn't know how to swim when we got him and he couldn't run but 5 or 6 mph, (at that time, Molly would average about 24mph, with bursts up to 28-32!) . :O We had to teach him, we would go to the pond and put the leash on him and we would get in the boat, one of us would paddle and the other would drag the dog into the water. We would paddle fast enough to plane him out and he just wouldn't go on his own...until the next spring. :) He immediately launched into the pond every chance he got. He & Molly swim all the time now, both are very healthy, and very happy. Molly even lets strangers pet her now, but she will always have her 'security' tennis ball. :s Pets are so great!

Nikko- That cat looks pretty cool for a cat. Somehow, my niece always has pretty cool cats...not sure what she does to them, but I know the one was shut up in the mini fridge for a wee bit. :) She found him quick enough...much to my pops dismay...that cat aggravates him to no end. :D

Yeah, she is a pretty calm cat. She plays with her toys, and lays around when she isn't. She listens to what we tell her, and she never does anything wrong. anymore anyway lol. these pictures were last year when she was a kitten, I don't have any newer pics. All we ever did was spray her with water. we got one of those little spray bottles from the dollar store and filled it with water. Anytime she did something she wasn't supposed to, we would spray the heck out of her. nowadays she fears the sprayer, all you have to do is put your hand NEAR it and she takes of runnin lol. But she never misbehaves, unless we have food, then she begs. that's it though.

Well shoot! If this were FaceBook Id be hitting the LIKE button a lot here for these posts. Well, maybe not the sad ones, but, they too have lots of fun loving memories with their pets. I have 3 cats (outside) and 2 "all american" pups (~10 years old). Always had dogs. Big ones - German Shepherds, Chows, Hounds, and a few smaller breeds too - spaniel, terriers etc. Pets are sooooo loving and can get sooo emotionally attached to their masters. I really like it when one of my dogs just sits and stairs at me. I am always wondering "what is she thinking?" I hope it's all good HAHAHA.

I guess pets are another of my favs along with guns, guitars, and MCs.

But my very most favorite best thing (person) is Jesus. Remember Him this Christmas Season.

Bill

Back