free website stats program What is your definition of a “custom” motorcycle? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your definition of a “custom” motorcycle?

Bubbie you had to see that one coming:lolrolling Looks like the Good old days with THE BOSS

What are you talking about "Mustache Pete"? :lolrolling

Moustachesmiley.jpg

What a delima, what do I call my FXSTC, a softail custom, or a stock softail custom, or a .........

Guys - I was in a goof ball playful mood yesterday when I posted. Meant no offense by anything. Truth is, it's your bike and you may call it what you wish. Since doing the winter work on my bike, I have had several HD owners ask me what it is. My latest response is "It's an 08' FLSTDIY (Do It Yourself)"

And I will try to keep in mind that text has no tone of voice, making it hard to tell when you are kidding around.

No problem Glider.

Seriously, terminology is what starts most problems isn't it? On the Custom or Stock issue, I have seen grown men nearly get in fist fights over this. Like a bike entered in a beauty contest in what someone thinks is the wrong class. "That's not custom!" bla bla bla. Does it really matter? I'm just grateful to have a bike, it runs, it's a Harley. So I'm in MY happy place! Custom, Stock, Modified, whatever it is... it's mine.

Now - It's supposed to be a non-rain day and over 60, AND the wife took the day off so we are RIIIIIDDDING!!!! Wooo Hooo

Guys - I was in a goof ball playful mood yesterday when I posted. Meant no offense by anything. Truth is, it's your bike and you may call it what you wish. Since doing the winter work on my bike, I have had several HD owners ask me what it is. My latest response is "It's an 08' FLSTDIY (Do It Yourself)"

And I will try to keep in mind that text has no tone of voice, making it hard to tell when you are kidding around.

Yup, there are some folks that take things way too seriously, need to chill a bit.

Back