free website stats program What is your definition of a “custom” motorcycle? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is your definition of a “custom” motorcycle?

To me a custom is a one of a kind that has been altered from or built from the ground up

To me, a custom bike is any bike and any mod that is made for your liking
you make it he way you want it...
I added mods to mine and customized it to my liking not yours :s

Yeah, it's a fine line between customizing a stock bike and a custom bike. Never really gave it much thought until now. But, I like the idea of changing the seat on a Jesse James bike to make it more custom. LOL. That was funny.

IMO, I think of a custom as one that's had major modifications made to it making it a one-off.

Some of the CUSTOMS I see from time to time IMO whether I like them OR not and IT is usually the NOT.....

They are Bikes that Don't look a standard Motorcycle..
Require Extra Long arms and legs Poor posture and Bad riding habits in General
AND $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to Own and Ride.....

I like to Look at some but Never felt the need to OWN one...

I remember the Loooooooong front ends, no fenders or brakes but a lot of chrome and the Monster handle-bars You have to have Legs a mile long and arms to match...

Old Duffer I am and will admit it... Like some Bling modifications but Mostly internal ones.. I LIKE POWER......

call me Old Fashioned

signed....BUBBIE

We have had this discussion before. Here is the Official Definitions of the Approved and Authorized terminology:

Stock: A bike with factory frame, factory engine, etc. regardless of how much bolt on shine there is (regardless of which factory. Production is production)

Custom: One of a kind

So, you can have custom handlebars, paint, seat, wheels, lights, trim, fenders, but have stock engine and frame... it's stock. Or if you prefer it's "customized" or "personalized", but still stock. And by the way, most Stock bikes are way better to own and ride than 99% of the customs!

Back