free website stats program What is a "biker" | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

What is a "biker"

Well got to admit I've got lots of tattoos, been known to cuss a bit also. Been thought of as a biker and called that a time or two. Its never bothered me one way or the other. I treat everyone with respect and expect the same, if their not person enough to do the same so be it.
I've also got to say I raised 4 great kids one of which is finishing grad school, 2 doing great in high school, & 1 that is married and raising my little grandson. Been married to my wife for 20 years. Retired out the U.S. Army. Have a college education. Have a job in management. Been a volunteer EMT for 17 years. Been a volunteer Rescue Diver for 7 years. KNOW HOW TO FOLLOW THE RULES!
Biker, Motorcyclist, what ever I love to ride. People who want to form their opinions and place a title without knowing me have bigger problems then I'm willing to address.

i've posted before on how i like the fact nobody bashes one anouther on this forum and i'm glad the moderators team work hard to keep it that way

ohh yea i do got tattoos but if you meet me in person you would i was a nice guy lol

Last edited:
I can't even be called a "motorcycle rider" let alone a "biker" since I won't have my bike until next year, my choice to wait to pay cash. With that said "Kudos" Glider and all the rest for keeping the language clean. I appreciate it and I know my lovely wife and children do also. What a great place to come and get superb info on our bikes without all the junk. Thanks again.

Okay I been riding Harleys for over 25yrs I drink beer I have tatoos, wear black leathers and Yes I do swear alot. So many call me a biker. But I do know when and where to so respect. I do work with the public a lot in professional settings too so I better be good or else

You mean to tell me you never got a smile or a kick from running a moped or Vespa around the block :)
Of course they can be a bit scary after riding 800 pounds of Milwuakee steel around.

Like Smitty, lots of smiles...if it has two wheels, at one time or another I rode it...although I never could get the hang of a unicycle, or ride hard in sharp turns the now banned 3 wheel ATVs...:newsmile017:

Well I cant consider myself a "biker", I am a complete rookie, but I love to ride and I have had my hand slapped here and it was well deserved, and thats all it took. There is far to many great people and information on this forum to be a part of. I find it rather easy to refrain from the language.
One of these days maybe I will be a "biker" but I know that I dont care how people view me, because I have spent the majority of my life giving them their freedom to think that way; I am very thankfull to have found this forum and my hats off to you Glider and all the other monitors of this forum! keep up the good work.

I just want to add something here,I know some of you guys think the profanity rules and screen name rules on this site are a little too stringent.I did too! Not long ago when I first became a mod. when I was on by myself I let a couple small things slip by that I personnally didn't feel were too bad and it snowballed on me,the language just got worse! I went back and edited each of them,sometimes to the authors vocal dismay! But it did teach me why the rules are as strict as they are. And as was said in another post ,we are in someone elses house,Respect the rules!:s

"Biker" is a noun used to describe a person. It is defined by the users interpretation.

"Hero"

"Bum"

"Redneck"

I would consider the context in which it's used and by whom.

Back