free website stats program What have you Learned | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

What have you Learned

I just joined this site after reading it for about a month. I stumbled across it while looking for reviews on the sundowner seat for my bike and because of all the info on here, I ended up purchasing the seat. I love it!

I've found tips on cleaning my bike and on how to be seen while riding.

I've been following an adventure to California and one to Colorado and one on the Blue Ridge Parkway that I would love to make some day.

I've learned that I'm not the only one who can't wait to ride as soon as the weather allows.

I'm sure that there is alot more for me to discover here and it will all be great information. And if I ever have any questions about anything, this will be the first place I come for information!

Ive learned about The Poof Button and seen the Big Hammer, really I cant tell you all how much I have learned here and there is so much more to come, Kudos to all here for great sharing and the lighter side with the good humor, and I will try not to use Capital Letters LOL:D

I've learned that Glider will catch my every indescretion, even the ones that were a mistake :D

I've also learned that there really isn't anything magical about working on your bike. You just need the manual, the parts, some tools, and a lot of help, which is right at your fingertips on this site.

I've met a few good people, and learned of a lot of people that I would like to meet someday.

I know I can be poking around this site and not be embarassed if my wife, daughter or grand daughters walk up behind me.

Thank you HDTimeline and the moderators that keep it this way.

Pledge.
Get the Service manual.
Service bulletins and recalls on my yr.

I've learned that if I do take it to someone else for service to check behind them and make sure things are tight. I've learned that others have dropped their bikes early on too. I didn't know what a Road snake was. Wait for oil to run off when it starts to rain. I bought my rain suit before I got the bike. I learned that people do respect you on this forum no matter what your level.

Thank you everyone!

I've learned I DON"T KNOW SQUAT.....that's why I like the site so much. Every day I log on, I learn something new!
THANKS, to those of you who share soooooo much.

Only problem, where to get the money to do all the stuff I'd like to do. Add ons, performance mods, Road trips. You guys are killing me with all this GREAT information. Keep it comming, I'm addicted.

What I've learned here;
I'm not as smart as I think I am most of the time.:(
My opinion is not always right.
I still can learn and remember. :p
It's possible to disagree with someone without resorting to name calling or profanaties or belittling them.
Wait a little while before responding to a post that you disagree with. :s
No matter how many times someone asks "what kind of oil should I use", they receive a civil response to check the tips section. :bigsmiley30:
There are people on this forum that are amazingly generous and helpful.
That I waited too long to push the contribute button.
I've learned a thing or two about Harleys too!:59:

It's been almost a year since buying my FXDL. I knew absolutely nothing and I mean Naa-daa about H.D.'s. at the time of purchase. But I also knew HD Talking was the place for me the 1st day I joined. There is no doubt that the combined knowledge and experience of this forum could fill a library. But without the people who want to share and teach it does no good at all. I still have a ton more to learn but each day I make it a point to learn just a wee bit more. I am no longer afraid of working on my own bike and Best of all I no longer need to accept the condescending mannerism of my local dealership. My Thanks goes out to to All who share there experience and knowledge..

I like to talk to bikers in all parts of the world & i have learned a lot + i like to help others. i am pretty much a loan wolf any more. every one i rode w/ years past are gone. sorry for ending on a bum note....

Back