free website stats program What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD? | Page 28 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD?

An assortment of Japanese bikes. An old tote goat, enduros and dirt bikes. I had a 380 Suzuki and a 750 Susy water buffolo back in the day.
I have had a 03 Honda VTX for the last eight years, great bike. I wanted something different before I retire and just got an 09 RK police. Time will tell I have always been the anti Harley guy having grown up around the bowling pin company bikes back in the day.
Bob

03 VTX 1300 good bike..
whoops already posted here..

Last edited by a moderator:
I give up...... What are "bowling pin company bikes"?

AMF bikes:D It's when Harley was at it's lowest point and was taken over by AMF. (American machine and foundry)

RXBG7EBJ6MGL.jpg

Yamaha (several). I spent years trying to make my Virago 1100 look and sound like a Harley, but with no success and it was still ugly! Got most of my money out of it when I sold it, but lost all that time. Live and learn I guess.

Grade school a Honda 50
When I was 16 I got a Honda CB 350 "Dad wouldnt let me have a car. I worked and paid for it myself
When I was 50+- I got a Honda Shadow Ace 1100 Then a 1300C VTX
Now an 08 Street Glide.

I started with a 1969 Honda QA50, then 29 more foreign bikes. My 1st HD was a new XL1200R in 08, then an 09 Fat Bob, 2010 FLHTK and now, my new 2012 Trike is set to be delivered on Jan 13th. Everyone of my previously owned bikes had good and bad points (including my HD's). I am happy where I am at now and I have been very satisfied with my HD's.

Back