free website stats program What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD? | Page 27 | Harley Davidson Forums

What Brand Bike Did You Ride Prior to HD?

Does anyone remember: BSA AJS JAP Matchless Royal Enfield Zundapp Maico Triumph BMW? Many are still around. Most have gone to motorcycle heaven. Started riding in 1950. Still at it.

Had a 2002 Yamaha Warrior, 108CI, 110HP, 130 FT LBS of Torque, it was a v twin monster. Had it for four years. It was time to buy the Harley and slow down and let people see the babe that I ride today. Road King Classic. Prior to the Warrior, had a 1985 Yamaha VMAX.

Londonlad wrote:
Does anyone remember: BSA?

Absolutely! My first bike was a M20 depicted below in the Dutch landscape. After moving to the US, I had to sell it in the mid 90's, if I remember correctly to a guy in Rockville or Silver Spring, MD. I always regretted that decision and wonder where she is now.....

After about 18 years I got over it, and bought my second motorcycle. Me and my ultra will never part again, because, to be honest, even the M20 can't compete. The "wow" factor was awesome, but the tinkering to riding ratio leaned heavily towards the tinkering, which was cool then, but now I want to ride. :s

Attachments

• m20.jpg
    m20.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 20
Western Auto motorized bicycle. 1950's
Cushman (don't remember model)
Honda 350
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 E model
07 FXSTC

Wife's bikes
Honda (500 or 600 ?)