free website stats program what anti virus pgm. is recommended? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

what anti virus pgm. is recommended?

I have had 3 computers in the workshop this week all infected with some nasty little virus 2 had avg intenet security network edition and 1 had avg free 2011 whatever they are catching is good at killing windows xp with avg on them
the only way i have found to fix them is to wipe and start again and i am very wary of the data as it may contain some sort of trigger although i have had to replace the hdd on one of them
i would always avoid norton 360 far too much going on with it but i do use norton internet security and often use it to clear other computers

on the latest netbooks loaded with windows 7 starter it is a very reduced operating system with very limited capabilites

Brian

Actually Microsoft Security Essentials is available on the upgrade, but the version of 7.0 Basic supplied with the notebook was limited. I had to upgrade to 2G memory so I could even open more than one IE8 window...without locking up. Just today was the first time I was able to install the upgrade point releases for Windows 7.0 (68 of them!), and everything is finally working with IE8 SP2...so again, the jury is still out on AVG, but it is working fine so far. Windows Essentials is loaded up, just have not activated it because of all the trouble with Windows Basic 7.0 being able to run with IE8 SP1. Probably wait a few weeks before looking into it.

Back