free website stats program what anti virus pgm. is recommended? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

what anti virus pgm. is recommended?

I have been using AVG free and Mozilla Firefox since it was suggested to me in earlier threads. My laptop is running better than I can ever remember.:s

Heard a lot of good things about AVG free...I am thinking of getting rid of Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 because of all the problems with slow updates, tabs and program locking up and having to constantly work around this swine of a program (don't want to degrade the name HOG or Pig...LOL! Heard good things about Monzilla and Firefox...also!

Heard a lot of good things about AVG free...I am thinking of getting rid of Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 because of all the problems with slow updates, tabs and program locking up and having to constantly work around this swine of a program (don't want to degrade the name HOG or Pig...LOL! Heard good things about Monzilla and Firefox...also!

I use ie8 on xp and for me it seems to work very well with little problem when i get calls to customer sites where they are having problems with ie locking up it is usually caused by add on toolbars and helpers by disabling the add on toolbars ie8 works well go to tools, Internet options, programs, manage add-ons and you will be able to disable all those not needed toolbars especially yahoo and google

Brian

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. It is free, comes from a company that certainly knows about computer software, and is free. I have never noticed it causing any slow-down.

Use Linux. You will never worry about spyware, malware, or viruses anymore. If you get an email with a virus or spyware or malware, open it anyway. I use Linux, and I don't have any virus protection.

I have been using Ubuntu Linux for 2 years now, and right now use Version 10.10. I have dropped Windows years ago. I am A+, Net +, certified computer professional. Try it. Ubuntu 10.10.

Opps Cisco Certified also.

You will like Mozilla and Forefox, very user friendly, been using it for a few years now with no problems:s

agree with tank and others here.
I have found virus with every program out there so there are no full proof programs,
also stay off of questionable web sites will help a lot.

AVG make a progarm called safe search, were it verifies web sites on google search and puts a green check next to them.. I and trying this but do not have any results yet. It does seem like a good idea.

I may have to eat a bit of crow, (nope, did not have burnt turkey after the holiday) but I wasted about 3 hours trying to load Norton 360 4.0 on a small 10" Window 7 based notebook...only to be told that I would have to purchase a separate version downloaded from their website (I already had a CD for 3 PC positions on hand) and found their website totally useless not having a reference or intuitive software tool to tell me so before I wasted all that time. Needless to say I am not going to go with Norton or Symantic ever again after that bit of outrageous information was conveniently left off their website (bait and switch, in addition to the insult onto injury waiting on the cell phone for an additional hour in their silly Agent queue.

Promptly loaded up AVG 2011 which went in quite simply, in a matter of 15 minutes and the deed was done. It had some great utilities to remove redundant files, and found over 60 file fix/corrections AND gave me the option to select which ones. AVG just works! Customer service does...customer dis-service DOES'NT!

Last edited:
Back