free website stats program We're Selling Out | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

We're Selling Out

I gess none of us really know what it would take to get us off the bike untill it happens...My wife doesnt ride and she worrys alot me but thats not going to make me quit..When I raced cars I saw a frend hit the wall so hard he died. Yes It hurts but I didnt stop racing because I loved doing it. Mabe if I was in a bad crash on my bike or I saw one happen I would think about geting off the bike..I know you loved your frend and I am verry sorry but I cant help but wonder....Did you love riding before this happen Also...I mean no disrespect to you sir.

Thanks Mat. I hear ya for sure. I truly love riding. It's not only a hobby but i'ts who I am. That being said...having my family healthy and "happy" means more to me than riding ever could. I am willing to give it up for their sake and move on to something else that they are comfortable with. My folks arent going to be around too many more years and I want to enjoy them and not worry them if all I have to do is stop riding.

I am keeping my Yamaha XT250 to ride in the mountains on the dirt trails. I can scratch my itch with it for now. I guarantee...I haven't owned my last Harley.

We sold Paulas Fatboy today and he is picking it up on Friday.

One down...one to go.

2008 SG Vivid Black. SE Air, TFI, Rinehart Slip-Ons, Both Backrests...9419 mles.
$?

What'll you give me for it?

I'm sorry to report that Paula and I are both going to sell our bikes. 2008 Street Glide and 2008 Fatboy. I will post on here for interested parties to check out.

I give this news with a heavy heart. I haven't spent much time on here lately. In February the President of our local chapter was killed in an accident when a car crossed over into his lane and took him and his wife both out. She was following on her Heritage. He suffered severe head trauma and passed away that night. She came away with a few breaks and many bruises. Our hearts go out to her and her family. She is back to work and doing as well as expected.

That being said...it hit too close to home for some people I care deeply about. My sister and brother in law already got rid of there bikes and Paula and I are next. Personally I am ready to get back on, but Paula is not. My Mother and Father worry sick when we ride and I cant have my family worry so much.

Selling might be hard in todays economy but I wil price both bikes to sell. Watch for 2 good deals coming soon.

Riding is not a hobby for me...it's a passion. Someday somehow I will own another Harley.

Thanks for all you guys have taught me here. This is the best forum on the planet.

Thanks Mat. I hear ya for sure. I truly love riding. It's not only a hobby but i'ts who I am. That being said...having my family healthy and "happy" means more to me than riding ever could. I am willing to give it up for their sake and move on to something else that they are comfortable with. My folks arent going to be around too many more years and I want to enjoy them and not worry them if all I have to do is stop riding.

I am keeping my Yamaha XT250 to ride in the mountains on the dirt trails. I can scratch my itch with it for now. I guarantee...I haven't owned my last Harley.

We sold Paulas Fatboy today and he is picking it up on Friday.

One down...one to go.

2008 SG Vivid Black. SE Air, TFI, Rinehart Slip-Ons, Both Backrests...9419 mles.
$?

What'll you give me for it?

Sorry to hear about your friends, Doc. My thoughts and prayers for them.

Tough decision for sure to sell your Harleys:( but glad to hear you still have a bike to feed the riding bug:).

You're a class act doc, to give your family peace of mind is a great gift but a big sacrifice for you. You have your priorities straight in my opinion. My wife and one son worry about my riding and occasionally hint that I give it up. My other son however, is a novice rider and here's the kicker, I worry about him. On the other hand, my sister rides and my 80 year old Mom hops on the back of her trike for a ride once in a while. Nothing is an easy decision, is it? This has certainly been a thought provoking topic. Best to you and again, condolences on the loss you have suffered.
Ishmael

DOC....Your a good man for doing this for your family.......NOW..Dont fall out of the boat reeling in that large bass and drown..:D..Kiding...I wish you all the best . MAT

DOC....Your a good man for doing this for your family.......NOW..Dont fall out of the boat reeling in that large bass and drown..:D..Kiding...I wish you all the best . MAT

LOL...good point. I never have been that good a swimmer.

Wouldn't that just figure.

Thanks Guys!!

I'm sorry to report that Paula and I are both going to sell our bikes. 2008 Street Glide and 2008 Fatboy. I will post on here for interested parties to check out.

I give this news with a heavy heart. I haven't spent much time on here lately. In February the President of our local chapter was killed in an accident when a car crossed over into his lane and took him and his wife both out. She was following on her Heritage. He suffered severe head trauma and passed away that night. She came away with a few breaks and many bruises. Our hearts go out to her and her family. She is back to work and doing as well as expected.

That being said...it hit too close to home for some people I care deeply about. My sister and brother in law already got rid of there bikes and Paula and I are next. Personally I am ready to get back on, but Paula is not. My Mother and Father worry sick when we ride and I cant have my family worry so much.

Selling might be hard in todays economy but I wil price both bikes to sell. Watch for 2 good deals coming soon.

Riding is not a hobby for me...it's a passion. Someday somehow I will own another Harley.

Thanks for all you guys have taught me here. This is the best forum on the planet.
Do what's best for you and yours. It's a tough decision. I started to sell out once, and a good friend of mine said, "Jerry, you can't be afraid to live, we all can be taken out at anytime, by anything." In time I hope you get back on, doing what you love, but I applaud you for taking some worry off of your family.

Do what's best for you and yours. It's a tough decision. I started to sell out once, and a good friend of mine said, "Jerry, you can't be afraid to live, we all can be taken out at anytime, by anything." In time I hope you get back on, doing what you love, but I applaud you for taking some worry off of your family.

Yep. I'm not afraid to live. Or afraid to ride for that matter. It's strictly a decision made for my family.

Man I have big problems dont I? My family loves me so much that they dont want me dying on a motorcycle...oh poor me...lol

That kinda puts things in perspective doesnt it? I'm a lucky man...

Yep. I'm not afraid to live. Or afraid to ride for that matter. It's strictly a decision made for my family.

Man I have big problems dont I? My family loves me so much that they dont want me dying on a motorcycle...oh poor me...lol

That kinda puts things in perspective doesnt it? I'm a lucky man...

Large inheritance huh, I don’t blame you one bit. :D

Well, Paula's Fatboy went away today. It went to a good home and we wish him the best of luck. I'm trying to steer him over here for knowledge and good times.

Back