free website stats program Waterproofing boots and gloves | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Waterproofing boots and gloves

Cruiser Works Men's Classic 978. I've had no problems with them...comfortable to walk in and keeps the feet dry. I'd buy 'em again.

Last edited:
Guys, I hate to sound lazy, but I just bypassed the issue altogether.

I keep my "real riding boots" shined at all times with black Meltonian. Those are Sprockets, Havocs, and the Night Shift. As you know, a pretty penny.

But I'm now a sunny Sunday, suburban, ouch-my-back-hurts kind of rider, and I hate being wet and cold. I don't look for rain-gear, rather, rain is something I run into by accident. I have never owned a rain-suit.

In that, I bought a pair of Harley's "Felix" boots. The sole is bonded to the boot, and they are marked 'waterproof.' Whether they are or not, I do not know, I haven't been caught in the rain with them (yet.)

I don't want to stay home just because of a few black clouds. So I put on the Felix boots and an old jean jacket and I ride. My bikes have layers of Bug Slide on them, my wife wants me to throw out the jean jacket, and I literally bought the Felix boots to destroy. I have nothing to lose.

I polished them a few times with that Meltonian, but their function is simply to get me home while I'm still warm.

The Felix boots are the pair on the left:

002-21-1-1.jpg

I found CAMP DRY by KIWI to work very good.any wal-mart in shoe polish rack less then $5. .Its a spray on that also works on tents camper's etc....

Back