free website stats program Waterproofing boots and gloves | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Waterproofing boots and gloves

I have Cruiser Works boots HD rain gear and water proof gloves with a full face helmet when I am on the road, this keeps me dry and comfy in tropical storm type of weather. When closer to home chaps water proof gloves and water resistant jacket and of course my Cruiser Works. Don't be afraid to spend money if you ant to stay dry and comfy.

+1 on the Cruiser Works boots. I've had mine for over 6 years and my feet have never been wet. I've been through rain, snow and everything in between. A little pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

Or you could just move to Texas. We don't even know what rain looks like here. :(
Perfect riding weather right now though, so I'm off to battle the cages. Wish me luck. :D

Time to pony up and spend some hard earned $$$$$. Rain suit, boot gators and water proof gloves (mine never leave the bike...stay in the saddle bag). Not cheap, but no "good" insurance is. My 02. I usually wear a half helmet, so if you finally get one, make sure the jacket has a hood (keeps the water from running down the helmet and down the sides/back of your neck.

Good call Iceman...I have used "old fashioned" mink oil in the past. Heard that it "may" attack the cotton threads used on leather, but nowadays most threads are "man-made" polyester blends, being non-organic is not affected by it. Been using it on my full leathers (full leather gear is a $1500 investment, typically) from sportbike days and never had a problem. :s

For your boots you can get some gators to cover them. They help a lot.

Yep - the HD ones work well on my HD Chinese boots. Leather jeans and jacket will take a moderate amount of rain without the water coming through thanks to a wax treatment/conditioner. Have a pair of pull ups as well if I'm wearing jeans and it starts to pour.

Back