free website stats program watch the road hazzards | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

watch the road hazzards

Our prayers are with him also. Glad to hear he is ok.

Make sure y'all buy him a DOT helmet. I have a buddy that rides with a "novelty" helmet and I often ask him why he bothers wearing it at all. He says to keep his old lady happy. I guess it is better than no helmet.

Last weekend while leaving the in-laws I hit a dog on my sporty. It was a little dog and I was going about 8 mph. I just clipped him, he was ok, but his owner tried to tell me it was my fault that his dog ran out into the street. I nearly dumped the bike after I hit him. When it happened I didn't try to slow down or anything foolish, I just held on and hoped that we would keep it rubber side down. We stopped and the dog's owner came running into the street to ball me out for hitting the dog. He actually tried to get my name so he could sue me for his dog's injuries. I ended up getting pretty nasty with him in the end. His dog ran out into the street and it was my fault cause I was on a bike. He actually had the gall to say that if I wasn't on a bike it wouldn't have happened cause rover likes to chase bikes, the nerve of some people...........
The helet he was wearing was a novelty helmet (off road use only). I'd gotten after him before about that.

My buddy's family appreciates all of your support and prayers. The last time I saw him was on thursday and he was in and out of conciousness. I just talked to his aunt and it sounds like he will be released either today or tommorow. His short term memory is returning a little at a time, but he is expected to make a full recovery. He is in much better shape than wednesday when they didn't know if he was going to live. :bigsmiley11:

I guess the moral of this story is: NOVELTY MEANS JUST THAT, WEAR A REAL HELMET!!!![SIZE]

Last weekend while leaving the in-laws I hit a dog on my sporty. It was a little dog and I was going about 8 mph. I just clipped him, he was ok, but his owner tried to tell me it was my fault that his dog ran out into the street. I nearly dumped the bike after I hit him. When it happened I didn't try to slow down or anything foolish, I just held on and hoped that we would keep it rubber side down. We stopped and the dog's owner came running into the street to ball me out for hitting the dog. He actually tried to get my name so he could sue me for his dog's injuries. I ended up getting pretty nasty with him in the end. His dog ran out into the street and it was my fault cause I was on a bike. He actually had the gall to say that if I wasn't on a bike it wouldn't have happened cause rover likes to chase bikes, the nerve of some people...........[/QUOTE]

Do these pet/animal owners not realize if their animal is in the road and causes an accident, they are the responsible party. I hate hitting an animal with an auto, but I hate stupidity more

My buddy actually gave me a call from his home at about 5:00 tonight, he was trying to give me his ticket to the bike rally this weekend in midland, since he couldn't go. Unfortunately, I couldn't go either and I would have liked to see Bad company live.

Back