free website stats program watch the road hazzards | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

watch the road hazzards

Glad to hear he's doing better. Night riding can bring about some different situations that cam be very different than riding during daylight hours for sure.

Glad to hear that your friend is doing better...A couple of weeks ago I was riding home at night and hit a bat going about 60 mph, but that is a whole lot better than hitting a deer any day (or night).

Glad to hear your buddy is doin better. Isn't it great the first thing he asks about is his bike?:breakdance

We were talking about taking up a collection to buy him a real helmet.

Our prayers are with him also. Glad to hear he is ok.

Make sure y'all buy him a DOT helmet. I have a buddy that rides with a "novelty" helmet and I often ask him why he bothers wearing it at all. He says to keep his old lady happy. I guess it is better than no helmet.

Last weekend while leaving the in-laws I hit a dog on my sporty. It was a little dog and I was going about 8 mph. I just clipped him, he was ok, but his owner tried to tell me it was my fault that his dog ran out into the street. I nearly dumped the bike after I hit him. When it happened I didn't try to slow down or anything foolish, I just held on and hoped that we would keep it rubber side down. We stopped and the dog's owner came running into the street to ball me out for hitting the dog. He actually tried to get my name so he could sue me for his dog's injuries. I ended up getting pretty nasty with him in the end. His dog ran out into the street and it was my fault cause I was on a bike. He actually had the gall to say that if I wasn't on a bike it wouldn't have happened cause rover likes to chase bikes, the nerve of some people...........

Our prayers are with him also. Glad to hear he is ok.

Make sure y'all buy him a DOT helmet. I have a buddy that rides with a "novelty" helmet and I often ask him why he bothers wearing it at all. He says to keep his old lady happy. I guess it is better than no helmet.

Last weekend while leaving the in-laws I hit a dog on my sporty. It was a little dog and I was going about 8 mph. I just clipped him, he was ok, but his owner tried to tell me it was my fault that his dog ran out into the street. I nearly dumped the bike after I hit him. When it happened I didn't try to slow down or anything foolish, I just held on and hoped that we would keep it rubber side down. We stopped and the dog's owner came running into the street to ball me out for hitting the dog. He actually tried to get my name so he could sue me for his dog's injuries. I ended up getting pretty nasty with him in the end. His dog ran out into the street and it was my fault cause I was on a bike. He actually had the gall to say that if I wasn't on a bike it wouldn't have happened cause rover likes to chase bikes, the nerve of some people...........

I would post what I think of that idiot dog owner, but this forum has guidelines on language :mgun

Sue you for what? Operating a properly registered vehicle on a public street below the legal speed limit and just barely touching an unleashed, freely roaming dog? Hopefully the lawyers and judges will get creeps like you off the streets real soon!

Back