free website stats program Watch the cagers | Harley Davidson Forums

Watch the cagers

01dynaglide

This past weekend a group of us made about a 600 mile trip. Everything went great and we had a blast. That was until I pulled up at home and go a phone call that a friend that went with us had a wreck 2 miles from his house and was in the ER. He was going to turn left but had to stop to let a on coming car go by. As soon as he went to turn he got hit by a truck that was going to pass him on the left on a double yellow line. He is still recovering from it and his bike is trashed. He was lucky that it wasn't any worse then it was.

I hope your friend comes out of this ok. As for the truck driver, there is no cure for stupity.....:small3d023:

01, Blessings to your friend and I pray he will have a swift and complete recovery. Once again a reminder of the danger of this sport. I have been down twice, but not because of a renegade cage.

We can ride safe, sane, and sober, but still we have no control over the other motorist. Needless to say, it is truly a dangerous undertaking to join the ranks of those behind the motorized handlebars, but I love it.

Hope he makes a full and quick recovery. A sport that we all love, but the price of safety is eternal vigilance.

Your friend is in my prayers. Here's hoping for a quick and full recovery. I have gotten into the habit of checking my mirrors anytime I am going to make a turn. On my scoot, I more often then not, give a "head check", that is physically turning my head to see if anyone is trying to pass on my right or left. Unfortunately, people just don't think. A few years back, I was turning into my street which is off a heavily traveled one lane highway. Thank god I looked in my side view ( I was in my cage), because about 200 yards back, here comes this idiot, passing everyone! Had to be doing at least 80 when he blew by me, standing there, turn signal on. Forget the fact that my wife and I would have been toast. This guy was passing in a clearly marked no passing zone. To add to the stupidity, once he blew by us, he was right behind a mile of traffic on that one lane road...Go figure?

Was the driver checked for alcohol? He sounds like a candidate.
My wife was smashed into by an uninsured drunk making an illegal left out of the bar while she was coming home from the store. He was too drunk for a field sobriety test.
She wound up with a few stiches and our 91 Z28 was never the same after.

Hope your buddy makes a speedy and full recovery. So if the idiot in the truck passed him on the left, he had to have seen him. What was he thinking. This guy should be prosecuted for vehicular battery, even if it was not intentional. This person does not need to be on the road.

My prayers are with him.

Cagers just don't care...too big of a hurry. Coming from bike night last week it was dark and I watched a guy approach a stop sign to my left. I hit him with my high beam to be sure he saw me....who cares...out he came. Luckly I was able to pass behind him.

We know something cagers don't. It's not the destination, it's the journy.:D

Back