free website stats program Washing the new bike? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Washing the new bike?

I tried Pledge and was absolutely wowed by the results. Another thing I learned from this forum was to get a good drier for getting rid of all that H20 after washing the bike. The Metro Airforce Blaster is a superb piece of kit which is probably safer for drying the bike with than air from a compressor - it'll also dry your Afghan Hound in 2.43 minutes if you have one :)bigsmiley8:). I don't by the way:D

Pledge isn't a substitute for cleaning but there's no problem using it to remove a light dust situation. Done it many times.

I guess you haven't tried the Pledge yet? :D

No, not yet. For Xmas I got a nice gift of a cleaning and detail set. I have some detail spray from Adams that smells like bubble gum.

Works really well and...well...I didn't pay for it...so...

But I'll try the Pledge later.

hey I thought this thread was about cleaning your bike, we're getting off track here. Is there really google anonymous?
does anyone use just plain car wax on their windshield?

I use Armor-all auto soap. Better for the finish (or so I'm told) than dishsoap and it has more lubricant than dishsoap to avoid scratching and swirls. I blow dry and then detail dry with a very soft, damp terry cloth towel.

I love a clean bike. :D
You should never dish soap anyway, it strips the wax, unless you are striping the wax to restore paint.

Much rather ride than clean, But when i do its light spray hose down, wheel spray on both wheels, Gunk on front of motor (Silver) for those areas that need it and brush, soap up all other areas except shield, Start up engine and use back pack blower to dry completely. Than use micro fiber to clean tank and chrome. The process takes about 30min and your done. Never polish the chrome and have never had any rust.

A dirty bike has character. I use mr. clean car wash set up. Works well. I use zymol to wax it, smells like coconut.

Back