free website stats program Washing the new bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

Washing the new bike?

I have yet to use soap or water to clean mine. Lots of detail spray and rags and multiple coats of wax. If you do use soap and water you should not water down the tank or else you could end up with rust under your console. You should also either get one of the blowers deigned for blowing your bike dry or use an air compressor or something like that. Make sure you get all your chrome dry or it will rust. I keep plenty of wax on my chrome and use mothers chrome cleaner on it. No rust and I live in Florida and ride along the beach all the time.

I took the pledge plunge yesterday and WOW!!!!!! I now use and will forever use pledge. Only problem is my wife now knows i know how the sprayer works on the can:D

Nope use it sparingly wipe it down with a micro fiber rag and you willbe amazed.Do not use to much more is not better.I use it on the whole bike except engine
How about on the polshed aluminum parts? Witch Pledge are you using? There are different ones i think.

Why not the engine? I dont have all the chrome that most do but my forks and rims are polished aluminum along with the rocker boxes, Just dont want to mess up the aluminum part thats all.

I use pledge on the painted parts,chrome parts and polished aluminum parts.For the black powder coat I use engine brite

Back