free website stats program Want to get ticked off - Read this | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Want to get ticked off - Read this

If someone has enough time on their hands to write an article that long about that nonsense, he or she needs to get a life.

HARLEY DAVIDSON - AMERICAN LEGEND :42::42::mgun

Went to the site that was posted as his home page and other then his abject hatred of everything North American,he bottlenecks Nascar,Harleys and other pastimes together,you can't help but laugh at some of his moronic observations. And how is he going to change his rhetoric when he finds out that Honda motorcycles is moving all of thier production back to Japan to help thier failing economy?

is this by any chance American Angst - cant view it at work :( if it is read with a bucket of salt, 1 eye shut - i love reading it just makes me roar with laughter that so many took his orginal article from the 90's to heart

Yes it is Hobbit... This has been discussed on a previous thread.. It's old news...

But I see it has the same effect now as it did then.. The Cult of Harley Personality is alive and well...

As everyone pounded their chest enough about how good Harley is, and trashed everything about all other manufactures?

And you know what the funny thing is about all these histriontics? Everyone that's pounding their chest about Harleys and trashing other manufactures is doing the same thing American Angst does on their website..

It's so funny to see the pot calling the kettle black...:newsmile090:

Opinions are just like motorcycles, those that have one, ride what they want. And say what they want about those that don't ride what they do...:s

One of the greatest liberties we still have in America is the freedom of speech. What most people don't understand is that it's a double-edged sword. You can say what you want, but most people don't like what others have to say. IMO, the author is a post-pubescent college drop-out that has that "extreme" bug.

Being an old 90's street racer, I can relate to his perspective. Speed is addictive!! However, his ignorance is shown by his misunderstanding of Harleys and their owners. How many people do you see on Ultra Classics popping wheelies and racing at 160mph on the shoulder of the expressway? Probably about as many Ducatis you see traveling from San Fransisco to Augusta with their wives on the back and a large group of fellow brothers and sisters.

If you're that concerned with how fast you can go, great. All that means is that you'll be first... to hit a brick wall. My bike and I like to cruise and enjoy. I'm no longer looking to become a statistic. Just because my Harley sounds like a muscle car and not a blender doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. I'm sorry my bike doesn't rev to 18,000 farts per minute.

Now to be honest, I have to respect the author because he has the ... oysters... to post his opinion. One thing I do not question is his patriotism. He can love his country and hate Harleys and American engineering. I don't agree with it, but we're all entitled to opinions. I hope I didn't offend anyone by any of this, but as the old saying goes, "he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones."

You know what.

When I was 17 and rode a Suzuki sport bike I hated Harleys.

Kids do stupid things.
Kids say stupid things.

He'll grow up one day. If he doesn't kill himself on that crotch rocket, God willing.

Since HD has about 50% of the market share, with the rest divided amoung the "other" brands, just who is it that has a marketing problem??

One of the greatest liberties we still have in America is the freedom of speech. What most people don't understand is that it's a double-edged sword. You can say what you want, but most people don't like what others have to say. IMO, the author is a post-pubescent college drop-out that has that "extreme" bug.

Being an old 90's street racer, I can relate to his perspective. Speed is addictive!! However, his ignorance is shown by his misunderstanding of Harleys and their owners. How many people do you see on Ultra Classics popping wheelies and racing at 160mph on the shoulder of the expressway? Probably about as many Ducatis you see traveling from San Fransisco to Augusta with their wives on the back and a large group of fellow brothers and sisters.

If you're that concerned with how fast you can go, great. All that means is that you'll be first... to hit a brick wall. My bike and I like to cruise and enjoy. I'm no longer looking to become a statistic. Just because my Harley sounds like a muscle car and not a blender doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. I'm sorry my bike doesn't rev to 18,000 farts per minute.

Now to be honest, I have to respect the author because he has the ... oysters... to post his opinion. One thing I do not question is his patriotism. He can love his country and hate Harleys and American engineering. I don't agree with it, but we're all entitled to opinions. I hope I didn't offend anyone by any of this, but as the old saying goes, "he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones."

I agree with you,free speech.What kind of bugs me about this guy is his lumping everyone in to fit his personal perception. Look at the different people in this forum all ages,all walks of life.Not his perception at all!If you read beyond the posted site,into his sites and links he is no kid.He started his web-sites as a businessman and failed.Now he is just angry and has found a way to vent it and create as much controversy as he can JMHO

I tell you what this is all about, a twirp who is a nobody and probably got his butt whipped at the local bar last night! The guy probably can't afford to buy a Harley so he's got nothing but a big mouth and a little brain!!!

Yeah, his weapon of choice is a Ninja, but the real tale of the tape is a few years from now he will realize that the Japanese did not invent the "hot rodding" techniques being used on today's "higher tech" machines, they just found ways of putting them into manufacturable "loss leader" product offerings, using current GP Bike technology bred of competition to infuse their products a competitive edge.

HD was using some of the backwards thinking he was complaining about (in the early 70's when MOCO almost went under)...but the current vertical marketing approach allows performance models (V-Rod & Buell), custom models (specialized paint, customization variants of standard products), classic/heritage models (older design "look" with new high tech underpinnings beneath the "skin") and touring models will be keeping MOCO ahead and "mainstream" to new and old HD novices and purists alike.

This rough economic time is really going to put the vertical marketing approach to the test. Metric companies may faire a lot worse because they cannot develop and sustain with just technology and loss leaders, over their huge number of products and range of offerings especially if GP/Motocross and other moto-sports are cutback. Even MOCO will probably see fewer models, but it's essentially 8-10 core models will likely hold the day.

I have respect for all bikes. I choose not to drive some because they are not my style. I wave to all my two and three wheel brethren. The cagers are trying to kill us all out there.
Too bad the guy is so angry. Oh well, looking forward to my next ride.

Back