free website stats program Voided Warranty ??? Where do I turn? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Voided Warranty ??? Where do I turn?

I would be letting that dealer (service dept) know that if they are not willing to stand 100% behind work that they performed, that you will be going to the extremes of the earth to let everyone know about it - forum postings, newspaper ads, sidewalk picketing, Better Business Bureau - whatever it takes!

i have no problem telling everyone i meet about mikes famous harley davidson. i just hope that lady at the moco does send my 3 page letter up to willie g. told her to put them on probationary status for a couple years, too! ;-P:rofl

i purchased a 2008 ultra classic. i drove it off the lot and you could not hold the bike on the road. with stop watch u could get on white line , cruise on 60 mph 2.2 sec later it would be in the ditch on the left side of the rode. harley told me that your primary is on the left side and ways around 40 lbs. they told me to put 40 lbs. in my right saddle bag and that should take care of the problem.....says do not exceed 15lbs in saddle bag.... harley rep. said he was sorry for hd telling me to do that and that that was stupid. but in the same sentence he told me if i would move my (edit) over 3 in on the seat it would make it ride straight. i wanted to kick him in the face.... after 26 visits and the local dealer bending over backwards to fix this problem with no luck. i got on line and looked up ohio lemon law..... made a phone call and instantlly i was under representation. 26 months later hd settled with me 2 days before court just so they wouldnt have to label the bike a lemon. they settled on a breach of warranty. i got a 2010 ultra limited with all the extras and a 113 motor for my bike and 5800 bucks. they took the price of my bike right off the top. everything that i had put on my bike was to be put on new one and if it didnt fit they had to replace with a model that didnt fit. all and all i got a 2010 limited with 5 grand of extras and a 113 installed tuned , pipes and more. for less than the price of a new ultra. around 40 grand worth. if you need a phone number for the lawyer i used please feel free to shot me a message.

i have no problem telling everyone i meet about mikes famous harley davidson. i just hope that lady at the moco does send my 3 page letter up to willie g. told her to put them on probationary status for a couple years, too! ;-P:rofl

You picked the right place to start getting the message out

Thank you all for your input. I just spoke to the Service Manager and he told me the fix would be about $3500 but "SORRY...NO WARRANTY" So my next call was to the AG's Customer Protection Department and they said: "IF the dealer had knowledge at the time of the sale to me that the installed racing engine would void the warranty they MUST DISCLOSE that fact to the purchaser (me) because that could change the end result of the sale." She also said I should retain an attorny and file this under a 93A. The 93A law states: If the dealer had knowledge that the racing engine install voided the warranty the would have to pay up to TRIPLE DAMAGES!!! That's over $9,000.00. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you all for your input. I just spoke to the Service Manager and he told me the fix would be about $3500 but "SORRY...NO WARRANTY" So my next call was to the AG's Customer Protection Department and they said: "IF the dealer had knowledge at the time of the sale to me that the installed racing engine would void the warranty they MUST DISCLOSE that fact to the purchaser (me) because that could change the end result of the sale." She also said I should retain an attorny and file this under a 93A. The 93A law states: If the dealer had knowledge that the racing engine install voided the warranty the would have to pay up to TRIPLE DAMAGES!!! That's over $9,000.00. I'll keep you posted.

Make sure the service manager is eating his lunch when you explain this to him, so he chokes!

I don't want to hijack the thread,but if the American People & companies are truly worried about giving their money away to other countries then they need to step up to the plate and start reintroducing some Quality workmanship and some pride in their product and quit farming out parts to outside countries!!! :s

American companies just cannot match the foreign labor.

In foreign markets the labor is cheaper, but that is not the biggest factor. All the extras like paid time off, unemployment payments, healthcare, etc. cost a decent company a large amount over what shows as your hourly wage or salary. Then add in costs to meet OSHA regs, inspection fees and fines, EPA regs, land costs, property taxes, and lots that I am leaving out.

I can only give good numbers for software developers, so here they are.

American Developer - total cost for a year runs in the 120k range for everything all totaled.

Indian Developer - total cost for a year runs about 50k.

I imagine it is worse with labor intensive jobs in dangerous job with environmentally unfriendly work, say experienced machinist for tight tolerance sports car engines. With all the costs associated with chemical hazards, physical hazards, injuries (back pain that goes on for years, crushed limbs, or just metal filings), Union headaches, and pension plans I am betting they end up with a total cost per overseas worker at less than 30% what they end up paying here. Along with being able to build anything and anywhere they want, work people hours slaves would balk at, and ignore the environment and citizen environmental protectors (Greenies) there is no incentive at all to bring work back.

100 Years of HARLEY-DAVIDSON By Willie G, Davidson

“I’ve always said that dealers are on the firing line. They interact daily with –one-on-one- with our customers. The Motor Company is nothing without a great, worldwide dealer organization. Dealers are our most important business partners, and their spectacular new stores truly are a commitment to a great future”

Perhaps these words need to be on banners hanging in every dealership.

Rudy,

What the AG said makes sense to me. If the selling dealer knew it had work performed that would void the MOCO warranty, and since they did the work they had to know, but failed to inform you of that, in writting, then it sounds like you have a case against them to fix it, regardless if you took it somewhere else first.

The MOCO warranty may very well be void since this work was performed. However, the dealer that did the work should now step up and fix this for you.

Keep in mind I am a plumber not a lawyer and as far as advise is concerned, you get what you pay:rofl

Best of luck. I think a few dollars for a lawyer will go a long way on this one.

Back