free website stats program Vegetarians / No Meat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Vegetarians / No Meat

There is a place on earth for all of gods creatures...

Next to the potatoes and gravy.

Just having some fun I have some freinds that don't eat meat whatever floats your boat. Most people do so these events cater to the masses.

I'm not a vegetarian but if there is good potato salad I may not have room for meat.

I've been wanting to know about veggie burgers. Why do vegs. have to look like something else? If you are not satisfied eating a carrot or slice of tomato as is, why be a vegetarian?

HA!

Yeah well it is "just how it is" I guess my question is who wrote the book the bikers only eat meat. Forgetting Veggy or Meat lover.
There is a ton of meat and an ounce of non-meat. Bread, Ketchup, Soda, anything.

The event is to ride and not eat so I will live with "That is how it is".
I just think it's funny that even those organizing these events use the book that bikers = meat, beer and the gut to match.

I went to a pig roast once and all thay had to drink was beer....I dont like beer so I went thirsty and it was hot..I almost passed out..Not everyone drinks, so you would think thay would have something for me..:19:..So I gess you can bring your veggie burger and I bring my water...:D

I went to a pig roast once and all thay had to drink was beer....I dont like beer so I went thirsty and it was hot..I almost passed out..Not everyone drinks, so you would think thay would have something for me..:19:..So I gess you can bring your veggie burger and I bring my water...:D

And we can both sob in our helmets on the ride home.

HA

May I suggest that when signing up for a ride or at a HOG meeting or such when things are being orginized that would be the time to bring it up and ask if vegie patties could be an option. Its the squeeky wheel that gets the grease.

You haven't lived till you try a fresh roasted pig.:D

Loosen up a bit and try some good food. If we were meant to be vegetarians, we would be born with a tail.:s

So that is what that thing is HMMMM:p WE have been meat eaters since the start of time, some have chosen not to eat meat that is OK with me it is a personal choice I have cut back on RED meat but not all meat JMO

Well this is certainly a thread from a different viewpoint. Being raised on Ham, chicken, barbeque, collard greens, cabbage and green beans, I just never really thought about this.

Maybe some of the event organizers will read this thread. Your money being contributed to the charity or whatever is valuable too, especially if there are enough of you.

But you know even if you are a vegetarian, one meal of hot dogs etc I would not think would harm your health. Course if you don't like something then you just don't like it. Some potato salad is awful good though.

Prior to serving in the Army there were two foods I did not like. After serving in the Army there are no foods I do not like and I forgot what the two were. Am I saying the Army had bad chow ? No not really, some of the C rations were a bit bland as we used to fight over the Beanie Weenie Box. (no MREs are not C rations) But the Army served healthy chow in the mess tent and we just got used to eating what was served.

Seriously though I respect your opinion, maybe you could try to contact some of the event orgainizers and exchange ideas. I would think they have a cost factor to deal but it might be enlightening for both of you. It all depends on supply and demand.

I love a good Pulled Pork Sandwich, I like a steak once in a while, my favorite meal is a fat juicy Cheeseburger; but I can also be very satisfied eating a nice salad with no meat or a fruit and veggie plate. but I think if you went to a bike rally that didn't have meat the grumbling of the attendees would be louder than the rumble of the bikes.

HA!

Yeah well it is "just how it is" I guess my question is who wrote the book the bikers only eat meat. Forgetting Veggy or Meat lover.
There is a ton of meat and an ounce of non-meat. Bread, Ketchup, Soda, anything.

The event is to ride and not eat so I will live with "That is how it is".
I just think it's funny that even those organizing these events use the book that bikers = meat, beer and the gut to match.

The Redhead has me eating Boca Burgers, I like the spicy black bean ones Just saying:s BOCA Foods | Wholesome Veggie Burgers, Chik'n, Breakfast and More

Thread reminds me of shirt I once saw. It read, "Vegetarian: Old Indian saying for bad hunter."! To each his/her own. Bring on the BBQ.

Back