free website stats program Vegetarians / No Meat | Harley Davidson Forums

Vegetarians / No Meat

Has anyone attended a group ride or charity that was not followed by a pig roast / BBQ?

Just because I ride a HOG does not mean I want to eat one.
Most times I join one of these events I go hungry.

Why do most organizers assume we all fall into the stereotype requiring burgers and dogs by the truck load and a bowl of potato salad or coleslaw?

I am not expecting a healthy meal but some food for those who do not eat meat would be helpful.

You haven't lived till you try a fresh roasted pig.:D

Loosen up a bit and try some good food. If we were meant to be vegetarians, we would be born with a tail.:s

Maybe you should organize one exactly to your standards. Who knows, you may start a new trend!

Yeah, Perhaps starting a new / different style would be the best option.

I am not looking to have a salad party ride just food options.

I just make sure I don't show up hungry and all is well.

What type of food options would you like to see at a biker BBQ?

I've got a wife who is veg. and a daughter who is trying to become veg. after being vegan. The wife does eat chicken and fish. Neither complains when we go somewhere where pork or beef is served and they always try to find something they can eat. If you attend something that says BBQ, I guess you shoud be prepared to go to a resturant after the ride.

What type of food options would you like to see at a biker BBQ?

Why not Veggy burgers? I am not asking for a no meat party but just something else. Heck even those who eat meat may not want just meat sometimes....

But yes It's not a big deal we do plan around the issue.

Has anyone attended a group ride or charity that was not followed by a pig roast / BBQ?

Just because I ride a HOG does not mean I want to eat one.
Most times I join one of these events I go hungry.

Why do most organizers assume we all fall into the stereotype requiring burgers and dogs by the truck load and a bowl of potato salad or coleslaw?

I am not expecting a healthy meal but some food for those who do not eat meat would be helpful.
Not being a vegetarian myself, is there some overriding rule
that says you can't consume a small amount of food that is
not vegetables? I know if I'm at a dinner and the host serves
up dinner with asparagus or broccoli, I can eat it, it won't kill
me, but I rather get along without it. What would a vegetarian
need to go along with potato salad and coleslaw, which are
vegetables by the way, to keep from going hungry?
Respectfully.
coollogo_com-223864230.png

I frequent the occasional Italian restaurant that is BYOB so maybe BYOV (yep veggies) is in order? :D

I'm not a vegetarian but if there is good potato salad I may not have room for meat.

I've been wanting to know about veggie burgers. Why do vegs. have to look like something else? If you are not satisfied eating a carrot or slice of tomato as is, why be a vegetarian?

Back