free website stats program V&H Dual Exhaust | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Dual Exhaust

Hey Rich, Like you I have decided to go with the slip-ons myself. I am thinking about the rush slash cut with a 2" baffle. I was leaning towards the monster ovals but just could'nt justify the cost. Having the big one last fall took away my winter project fund.I have been told that I wouldn't need fuel management with the 2" but like some here have stated the motor will like you better for it. I am looking at the TFI for that.

Another $100.00 and you might as well do the stage1:D

After much thought, (a few years!), I have finally decided to just go with slip-ons myself. I have considered and re-considered true duals, mostly because of the extreme heat issue of the Ultra, but for economic and performance purposes, I'm just going to go the way Steve did and do slip-ons. (Not sure which ones....anybody have a suggestion for deep and throaty tone they got out of an Ultra with slip-ons?)

I'm just waiting for a nice day to bring the scooter over to the dealer for the slip-ons and a general Spring tune-up. Might as well get it all done now so I'm ready for the first real ride! It's not THAT far off now!

I just did the stage 1 on mine and got the V&H tapered slashcuts, they sound awesome!

Can somebody explain what the stage 1 consists of as I see a lot of talk but being a novice want to know what they do, what I need and what effect it has on the bike

I hope I did not jump into this before I did all my homework. I ordered my dresser duals from V&H. Any idea on the sounds from these from stock. I am still using the screamin eagle mufflers. And the dealer said I should not have to reprogram my ecu. I like the looks and the idea of a 50/50 exhaust spilt makes scence.

My bike is in the shop getting new V&H dresser dual headers but they will be putting my Samson Ovals back on. I already have SERT and my tuner says that he will need to retune on the dyno because he can tune each cylinder independently now that true duals are installed. He also said I would have more air flow now that I have true duals and that would be another reason for retuning. So you might want to talk to your dealer again or talk to another dealer to see if they give you the same advice.

However he would be retuning anyway because I am also having SE 211 cams installed also at this time.:D

Last edited:
Hey Rich, Like you I have decided to go with the slip-ons myself. I am thinking about the rush slash cut with a 2" baffle. I was leaning towards the monster ovals but just could'nt justify the cost. Having the big one last fall took away my winter project fund.I have been told that I wouldn't need fuel management with the 2" but like some here have stated the motor will like you better for it. I am looking at the TFI for that.

Hey Sharpscuba, I went with the 2" Rush Slash "out" slip ons on my 09SG, and I love them. Not TOO horribly loud, but a much better sound and tone than most I've heard. Not too bad a price, either. I have pics here somewhere (under my posts).

Good Luck,

Bone

Back