free website stats program V&H Dual Exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Dual Exhaust

Is it possible that the addition of the TFI offset the loss of the true duals and you didn't compare apples to apples?

If you just installed the TD and said this then I would wonder why your bike is different than most that loose some bottom end TQ when installing the TD system.

Wasn't comparing, just seems imo that I have better pickup and power. Never had it dynoed to see the true power curve or any increase in TQ.

I laugh every time I read these "you'll lose low end torque" with true duals. Who started that nonsense? I have Vance and Hines true dual headpipes, Samson 29" Silver bullet slashers, Screamin' Eagle air filter and a Cobra FI2000R on my 06 FLHRCI. It runs and sounds great. I don't notice any loss of torque.

I laugh every time I read these "you'll lose low end torque" with true duals. Who started that nonsense? I have Vance and Hines true dual headpipes, Samson 29" Silver bullet slashers, Screamin' Eagle air filter and a Cobra FI2000R on my 06 FLHRCI. It runs and sounds great. I don't notice any loss of torque.

From my understanding the tech who was looking at the dyno charts actually started that nonsense.

You can laugh all you want but you loose the scavenging in the system when going to TD systems and that's where the small loss comes in. A good tuner can regain most of the loss.

I find it interesting to sit here and read all the posts on these subjects over the last while.I have sorted through it ,listened to the different opinions and then used it to choose my upgrades,in this case I went with Slip-ons instead of true duals.Thanks guys for all the info!:D

Its got to be a small loss because ya sure dont feel it .. maybe a dyno will show it but i dont carry a dyno out with me when im riding

Glider is rite ther is a small dip in the lower range with TD and a good tuner can smooth it out a lot ,but on the top the TD will give you better results then slipons, most guys never notice this small dip because most of the time they switch the stockers out so fast they did not give themselves a chance to get in tune with the wey the bike runs .

Im not saying there isnt a Dip im just saying its got to be small i rode with the stock setup all last year and dont feel any difference even 2 up

Hey Rich, Like you I have decided to go with the slip-ons myself. I am thinking about the rush slash cut with a 2" baffle. I was leaning towards the monster ovals but just could'nt justify the cost. Having the big one last fall took away my winter project fund.I have been told that I wouldn't need fuel management with the 2" but like some here have stated the motor will like you better for it. I am looking at the TFI for that.

Back