free website stats program V&H Dual Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Dual Exhaust

Fireguy

I put the slash up screamin eagles on my 08 UC and love them.(Air intake and reprogrammed the ecu) Does anyone have the V&H dual exhaust on, and what changes did it do for you. I talked to the tech from V&H and he stated that it should be cooler and a better flow for both sides. 80 % goes out the right side and 20% out the left. Now 50/50. This did make sence. And it does give it a cleaner look.

I have the V&H true duals slash cut on my '03. It actually performs better than it did with the Screaming Eagles that were on it when I got it, but I also added the HD race tuner at the same time. I'm sure I would have better performance with a 2-1 but these look good and sound good. I'm happy with them. As far as heat goes, it was 105 yesterday its hot everywhere to me. I don't feel any reduction, just moved some of the heat from my right to my left.

I think Fireguy is referring to slip ons and should still have the crossover "Y" pipe. The 1 3/4" stock pipes run pretty well with slipons added.

I thought the purpose for the cross over pipe was to help release more heat from the rear cylinder. :dknow

I hope I did not jump into this before I did all my homework. I ordered my dresser duals from V&H. Any idea on the sounds from these from stock. I am still using the screamin eagle mufflers. And the dealer said I should not have to reprogram my ecu. I like the looks and the idea of a 50/50 exhaust spilt makes scence.

It may make sense, but in actuality the true dual looses the scavenging and will loose some bottom end torque over a 2 into 1 or the stock system which operates much as a 2 into 1 does with the "Y" pipe. They do have a better sound in any event.

I have the V&H oval slip ons with a TFI. Could be wrong but I seem to have more power and the pipes which are a bit louder than the screaming eagles have a nice low bark to them. Didn't seem to hurt my mileage much. Plus they give the EG a slimmer clean look on the rear end.

Is it possible that the addition of the TFI offset the loss of the true duals and you didn't compare apples to apples?

If you just installed the TD and said this then I would wonder why your bike is different than most that loose some bottom end TQ when installing the TD system.

I have the V&H oval slip ons with a TFI. Could be wrong but I seem to have more power and the pipes which are a bit louder than the screaming eagles have a nice low bark to them. Didn't seem to hurt my mileage much. Plus they give the EG a slimmer clean look on the rear end.

Did you do just slip-ons or the T.D. ??

Back