free website stats program Us vs them | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Us vs them

I've had fun with this 'thought' over the years. Often wear a Honda t-shirt while on my HD. Get frowns from both sides mostly...but every once-in-awhile someone gives me that knowing grin..........makes my day:p

I've had fun with this 'thought' over the years. Often wear a Honda t-shirt while on my HD. Get frowns from both sides mostly...but every once-in-awhile someone gives me that knowing grin..........makes my day:p
You're bad.
I kinda do the same thing. I've got Yamaha and HD patches on vests. On the same vests. I wore a Yamaha hat when I picked up the new Dyna. And a shirt from a dealer in Florida.

I have a Harley shirt that says "If you have to ask, you won't understand" That about sums it up...........

A "Victory", huh Smit? Wasn't that a brand of cigarette? :p
Na it is a honda clone made in the US their version of a touring bike looks like a Vespa scooter and a BMW ran into a honda and the IMO

OK Rich, have you been hitting the bottle here, I can see that you were quoted but can't understand just what in blazes you mean.:newsmile070:

OK, I got it, you're talking to yourself again.:bigsmiley23:

You need another vacation :D

I get that sometimes myself. When I get enough, I ask them "How many 20 year old Hondas are running around."

Nuff said. :D

Respects...Joe

Actually... quite a few... They just don't get noticed like the Harleys do... I can name 5 right off the top of my head in my neighborhood.. And spot an dozen or so more on a fair weather riding day. The attitude the OP is seeing is the reverse of what is normally posted here. Is it right... nope... Just another case of a riding community trashing relationships with others... All this type of attitude does is create problems and hard feelings...

Joe, your quote is a great example of what the OP is talking about.. Except it's pro Harley...

As hobbit said, who cares what your ride... As long as you're riding...

When I young the Harley riders use to tell me your not a man unless you ride a Harley. I rode a old school Triumphs, when I got my 1st Harley a brand new Shovel they called me a wantabe. I rode that shovel for 21 yrs untill finally I found out I was beating the heck old shovel trying to keep up with those new twincams.
I finally broke down and bought a new Springer classic in 05 and traded that in on a 09 FLHX in Dec. Now I'm proud to say I rode Harleys before they were a fashion statement or status symbol. Now I just ride them because they feel right and that's all that counts to me. Now I don't care what kinda bike my buddies ride because I'm sure they are riding their bikes cause it feels right for them too. So I never harassed Jap bike riders and they never harassed me
Well that was until I bought the Hayabusa . Now I get harassed by both the Harley and Jap Bikes riders. Now they just tell me I'm crazy

As far as Two-Wheeled sports is concerned..."Crazy is good"...JMO:D

Actually... quite a few... They just don't get noticed like the Harleys do... I can name 5 right off the top of my head in my neighborhood.. And spot an dozen or so more on a fair weather riding day. The attitude the OP is seeing is the reverse of what is normally posted here. Is it right... nope... Just another case of a riding community trashing relationships with others... All this type of attitude does is create problems and hard feelings...

Joe, your quote is a great example of what the OP is talking about.. Except it's pro Harley...

As hobbit said, who cares what your ride... As long as you're riding...

My first bike was a " 20 year old Honda":D 1974 550 four I restored it my self in 1995 after it sat laying on it's side in the weather for 13 years full of gas and oil:shock 4 carb kits, new oil, a new set of pipes, a little paint, and a few more parts from the salvage yard she was running great, and still runs today.

In my early college days the 1974 Honda 550 Four was my dream bike...a fellow worker had bought it new seemed like the perfect beginner bike to me. Harleys just seemed so big and heavy...and with all the stories about the kickstarter, leaking oil, falling off parts etc. it took a long time to realize that both bikes were good in their own right. When Honda and Harley competed, the bar was raised for the entire industry.

Living in a small town, about half the bikes are HD. I rode metrics for a long time starting at age 13, I have had two harleys in the last 5 years. Now at 52 I just tell those that tell me that theirs are faster, that at my age I do not have to go fast,I just need to look and sound cool.

Back