free website stats program Us vs them | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Us vs them

First off Congrats on the Harley. Secondly, sounds like your buddies are trying to catch up, they can't go the harley so they jab at you. Shrug it off and enjoy riding.

I would just torch there bikes and be done with it:bigsmiley24:.NO dont do that but out of the 5 guys i ride with only one has a HOG we both get it.And our woman are hotter:bigsmiley13:

I agree with most of what has been said. If these guys are continually ribbing you about your ride, maybe they're not really that good of friends. You might ask them who they think most of the other bikes are trying to copy after? Most can't wait to customize their bike so that it looks a lot like a harley.And as previously been stated, check the resale on their bikes after a year! Most people buy the ride they like, period!!!

I've met the odd person who rides metric and for whatever reason, has felt the need to expel wind and tell me how their brand is so much better for this reason or that reason.

Kind of reminds me of small barking dogs.

I just smile to myself and ignore them for the most part because I know and they know that they wish they had a Harley too.:D

I need some good come backs or something, I'm getting verbally beat up when we get together. Look, its either I get good with the verbal judo or I'm blowing both their bikes up. :small3d011: :s
Rule number one DON'T BITE, if they see it's getting to you they'll never let up...ever!

Beat them to the punch, for every put down they throw at you throw in a couple of your own about Harley Davidson, this is tried and tested (reverse psychology) and they don't like it, here's a link to some HD bashing Funny and unfortunately mostly true - Harley Davidson Community memorize and utilize.

One of them has to be the instigator, he's the one you want to save the best till last, your not biting, you've beaten them to the punch, and they've lost interest because they can't goad you, when everyone is chilled take out your Harley's keys between your forefinger 'n' thumb and with arm out-stretched to mouth almighty nonchalantly offer him to take your bike for a test drive, as his hand reaches up towards the keys snatch them back and yell " YOOOOO MAMA" then laugh like a lunatic mount your steed and let them eat your dust...:Banane09:
Failing that, blow their bikes up...:D

Here's a description of what I said looking for people to ride with in my group I started. I have 15 people that have signed up with different bikes and no one has said one negative word about the others bikes. We have BMW,Yamaha, Honda,HD's. "Meeting other riders in the metro area that would enjoy "SAFE" rides and the chance to exchange information and ideas with each other. This would include riding poker events, charitable rides, meeting for lunches,dinners,short rides, long rides, going to the N shore, gulf coast, festivals,,,and what ever else we can ride to. All riders and bikes welcome". Edit descriptio

I choose not to participate in such discussions. Everybody rides what they ride based on preference, or cost, or a combination of the two. End of story. It's an unwinnable argument. If they won't give it a rest (speaking only for myself), I'd find some new friends.

Jammr

Back